SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

To plagerize the legend, MafiaMan, there are lots of DU fans disguised as empty seats at Magness. Pathetic fan support. Three million people in this town, one of the top teams in the country in town in SCSU, and the arena is half full. 

I was frustrated with the "home" crowd at DU at the 3 previous UND series in Denver. It really has to make you feel bad as a player when the visiting crowd not only is louder, but outnumbers the home crowd. The biggest problem stems from no student section. DU students act like they don't even know they have a hockey team that is good. The student section is an entire end of the arena and tickets are really cheap for students, yet they only fill the first few rows up from the glass.

I was frustrated with the "home" crowd at DU at the 3 previous UND series in Denver. It really has to make you feel bad as a player when the visiting crowd not only is louder, but outnumbers the home crowd. The biggest problem stems from no student section. DU students act like they don't even know they have a hockey team that is good. The student section is an entire end of the arena and tickets are really cheap for students, yet they only fill the first few rows up from the glass.

Inexcusable.  It's a nice arena and a great place to watch a game and it's a program with an extremely rich history.  I guess many of the DU folks would probably rather be out skiing.  Good thing to see the Rodents go down in flames tonight though. 

What is up with the Denver Pioneers? They are really struggling. Were up 2-0 and are now losing 5-2. Huskies scored 3 goals in a minute and 33 seconds time span.

Not that I don't mind it but it'd be nice if they manage to win one against the Cloudies since the Cloudies are chasing us.

We really could've used DU's help tonight as UND is in a dog fight with St. Cloud. DU outplayed SCSU in the first period and then rolled over. I think the final shots were something like 33-18 in favor of St. Cloud. 9 of DU's shots came in the first period.

Inexcusable.  It's a nice arena and a great place to watch a game and it's a program with an extremely rich history.  I guess many of the DU folks would probably rather be out skiing.  Good thing to see the Rodents go down in flames tonight though. 

That's always been my theory as well. DU students only seem to be excited for LAX, which can be understandable, but not when your hockey team is good as well.

I think MafiaMan once told me that some schools will purposely schedule bigger, high profile games when students are on break so that the arena can sell the empty student section seats. For instance, last season DU played North Dakota and the student section was pretty sparse but the logic might have been Magness could then sell those seats at a premium price to townies and/or UND fans.