SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

Padded stats...beating up on the cupcakes.  ;)

Like und non conf :D not sure who's was weaker ha but least each team has rolled through them all. That's the most impotant part. Helps down the pairwise road I'm sure with the combined uno and und non conf record 

39 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

So now there is this stuff floating around USCHO and the twitterverse about a possible gambling scandal at BU, maybe even involving last year's Frozen Four.

https://twitter.com/jeffcoxsports

I guess my only question is, does that mean Hak gets to count the semi-final as a win, and does that change the mind of any of the haters around here?

I know this kind of thing could happen elsewhere, but I worry about the reputation of college hockey getting dragged down if some of these big time schools get involved in college hockey with the philosophy "if you're not cheating, you're not trying".  What might some of them do to get themselves in the national picture sooner rather than later?  I think we can all see how corrupt college football and basketball has become.  I would like college hockey to stay away from that reputation. 

• Upvote 2

If there wasn't any betting on college hockey then it's not that big of a deal overall besides the suspended guy. They know rules and broke them if so. I'm sure they got in way way over their heads with monies owed and things hot sketchy with bookies wanting their damn money. Pay up or it will always end up ugly in some way. Seems like a story that's being used for clicks as always with nothing alleged being bet on college hockey. That's only way this should be a giant story. 

3 hours ago, SJHovey said:

So now there is this stuff floating around USCHO and the twitterverse about a possible gambling scandal at BU, maybe even involving last year's Frozen Four.

https://twitter.com/jeffcoxsports

I guess my only question is, does that mean Hak gets to count the semi-final as a win, and does that change the mind of any of the haters around here?

So BU was trying to lose and still beat us. That's how bad of a choke artist Hak was. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

So BU was trying to lose and still beat us. That's how bad of a choke artist Hak was. 

Nah.  No money to be made betting on North Dakota.  Much better payoff if you knock off North Dakota, then toss the championship game against Providence.