SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Absolutely cannot stand Douche-igross and Melrose...I mean really, how clueless and drunk can those two guys be?  No play by play guy is as annoying as Bucci...eff your saucy mitts...Barry Melrose is just clueless for the majority of the game, and that's his only redeeming quality.  End of rant.  Go Sioux!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Absolutely cannot stand Douche-igross and Melrose...I mean really, how clueless and drunk can those two guys be?  No play by play guy is as annoying as Bucci...eff your saucy mitts...Barry Melrose is just clueless for the majority of the game, and that's his only redeeming quality.  End of rant.  Go Sioux!

Hey, Blackheart, fightingsioux4life has logged in with your user name and password again!  :lol:

• Upvote 3

Here is the deal with Barry Melrose:  he know about 2-3 traits of about 5-10 players after speaking with them/SID on Wednesday.  After that, he throws out a bunch of typical hockey traits to describe the guys he knows nothing about (the remaining 30 guys).  "good hands, tough on puck, good skater, tenacious".  Says same thing over and over again about the stars cause he only knows 2-3 things about them.

Quinn is a good team lots of above average players who play a traditional game that wins most games 

I find them on the boring side 

I wish we could have one of our rare explosive offensive games - where all our talented offensive guys get in on the action 

But we also have one of the best defensive teams I've seen including Goalie - so lets bring it all together & show Q & the Country what a exceptional team is all about 

Don't like playing just to win - I want them fired up & wanting to prove they are the BEST for the full 60 minutes

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Quinn is a good team lots of above average players who play a traditional game that wins most games 

I find them on the boring side 

I wish we could have one of our rare explosive offensive games - where all our talented offensive guys get in on the action 

But we also have one of the best defensive teams I've seen including Goalie - so lets bring it all together & show Q & the Country what a exceptional team is all about 

Don't like playing just to win - I want them fired up & wanting to prove they are the BEST for the full 60 minutes

Strangely enough (or maybe not, this year) I found QU to be much more entertaining than BC yesterday. They were all over BC in the first 10 min. I was telling a friend that QU let Lowell score first and took a long while to get into that regional game. They were fine once they did, but I thought if BC got up early they would win. Good for the Bobcats. 

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Here is the deal with Barry Melrose:  he know about 2-3 traits of about 5-10 players after speaking with them/SID on Wednesday.  After that, he throws out a bunch of typical hockey traits to describe the guys he knows nothing about (the remaining 30 guys).  "good hands, tough on puck, good skater, tenacious".  Says same thing over and over again about the stars cause he only knows 2-3 things about them.

Melrose describing Denver's first goal using the telestrator last night sounded something like this.."Denver centerman wins the draw and passes over to the man and he shoots the puck.  Watch here now as the player wins the draw and passes it over to the man and he scores".  

Bucci isn't much better.  We all know this.  If you had a drinking game where every time Bucci referred to a player and mentioned what NHL team the "are a product of" you might be passe out before the first intermission!!

Starman really has shown that he is the best college hockey analysis not only that ESPN has, but in the country.  They really need to utilize his talent and put him out there on College hockeys biggest stage.  Someone mentioned Clay Matvick as well.   That would be one heck of a broadcast team  Far superior to the clowns that are out there now!!

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Melrose describing Denver's first goal using the telestrator last night sounded something like this.."Denver centerman wins the draw and passes over to the man and he shoots the puck.  Watch here now as the player wins the draw and passes it over to the man and he scores".  

Bucci isn't much better.  We all know this.  If you had a drinking game where every time Bucci referred to a player and mentioned what NHL team the "are a product of" you might be passe out before the first intermission!!

Starman really has shown that he is the best college hockey analysis not only that ESPN has, but in the country.  They really need to utilize his talent and put him out there on College hockeys biggest stage.  Someone mentioned Clay Matvick as well.   That would be one heck of a broadcast team  Far superior to the clowns that are out there now!!

Starman being a NHL scout is a big show of how good he is at analysis.