SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Not buzz, but I would wager Omaha Lancers coach/gm Brian Kaufman is applying.  Up and coming college coach, captained Miami the year they blew it against BU in the final.  Hill Murray alum (boo).  21 year old walk on (presumably) barely getting ice as a freshman to captain as a senior shows character.  Coached in the USHL prospects/all star game or something like that.  Remember his name for a decade from now, he'll be in the NCAA somewhere.

Nice candidate - I am not familiar with Kaufman, but he sounds like their version of Steph Pattyn. 

11 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Just speculation on my part - Cary Eades would seem to be a good fit.

10 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I was thinking that too...especially with a clear path to the head coach role not too far off in the distance

37 minutes ago, keikla said:

He crossed my mind as well.  But given his recent success as a USHL head coach, I wasn't sure if he'd be willing to step back down to 'assistant' just to bide his time for the possibility of a college head coach spot.

I've been a fan of Eades since his days as a player - as intense off the ice as on it.  If the head guy was anyone but Blais, I can't see him pursuing this scenario.   But maybe ... if he gets along with the AD.