SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You, Seniors

farce poobah

Thanks guys for leaving everything you had on the ice. I Am truly inspired by the heart and pride you played with all season. You could have just given up tonight and you didn't. Steph's interview following the 2nd period showed the heart and this carried over to the team. Thank you!

Thanks guys for leaving everything you had on the ice. I Am truly inspired by the heart and pride you played with all season. You could have just given up tonight and you didn't. Steph's interview following the 2nd period showed the heart and this carried over to the team. Thank you!

Agree 100%.  One of my favorite classes in a long, long time.  Loved OD's line in the last Through These Doors when asked how he wanted to be remembered and he answered "as men".   Best of luck if whatever you choose to do men, it was so fun to watch you all compete these last 4 years.  

Thank you seniors for the 4 years you put into the program. While you couldn't attain the ultimate goal of a national title, you guys still made other accomplishments. The loss tonight is no doubt hurting you guys more than us fans. But you guys didn't give up and made a game of it against BU.

Good luck in continuing your ice hockey careers or life after college hockey.

Thank you, seniors, for staying for 4 years and for the legacy and example that you've set for the underclassmen and new recruits.  You played your entire careers with heart, character, and class, which is what Sioux hockey is all about, and, in the process, you've left us, and, I'm sure, yourselves, with a lot of super memories.  May God bless you in all of your future endeavours.

I can't think of a class of seniors I've enjoyed more than this one. Absolutely selfless. From the time I've become a fan, i do believe Pattyn has been the best captain I've seen. Obviously, eye is in the beholder, but the guy showed up every game, led with his vocals in the locker room, and led by example on the ice.

Thank you all for giving us your very best over the past four years.  You guys have battled adversity all the way, from your first season to the third period on Thursday night.  Keep that Fighting Sioux logo pride with you and often recall your years in Grand Forks with your teammates.  All of you will succeed in whatever you set your mind to, at any level, because you just don't know how to quit.  

It's been a real pleasure to see you all play the game, and I've been very proud to see you do it wearing the green and white.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you all do for an encore.  

Stop back and see us some time.  And when you're in some distant arena listening to the National Anthem, don't be surprised if one or two of us in the crowd yell out "Sioux".  It's because we saw your name on the roster and we always greet family.

I know we are not supposed to care about records, but we do. If my math is correct, this class went 102-50-16. Way too many ties boyz. Just kidding. Thanks for making us proud you skated for the University of North Dakota. Good luck in all you do.

• Upvote 1