SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

...and he is. Top 3 I believe.

I love Ghost but he's not winning the Calder or up for it for his defensive prowess. He had a 15 game point streak. Ridiculous for a defensman let alone a rookie. I love the kid one of my favorite players in the NHL but I love Stecher's defensive game. I could very well be wrong (good chance I am) but that's just my thoughts and that's what a message board is for. 

• Upvote 2

Guys who are 5-11 in the NHL aren't there for their defensive skills, so long as they aren't a total liability.  They're there to bring that added offensive upside, which Gostisbehere has done to perfection so far.  Troy has a ton of offensive ability, but can he translate it to an NHL game?  Maybe.  Stecher wasn't drafted so a team doesn't have anything invested in him, even when he does get picked up.  Shayne was a 3rd rounder, so Philly was going to definitely give him a look if he seemed ready enough, then he took advantage of that opportunity.

6 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

The fact that Lindgren made 1st team over Cam and Kaskisuo from UMD, who was the league's goaltending champ, was really odd. 

I honestly couldn't care less about those end of the season awards. They are very subjective and most players would tell you they would trade those individual honors for a team championship every single time.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I honestly couldn't care less about those end of the season awards. They are very subjective and most players would tell you they would trade those individual honors for a team championship every single time.

Well, yeah... but I was just responding to the question about whether we all found it surprising... :D 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Of course they would, that's blatantly obvious. It's just something to talk about until the next game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Of course they would, that's blatantly obvious. It's just something to talk about until the next game.

Something else to talk about until the next game is the NCHC plays of the year voting.  Nick Schmaltz's finish of the passing display is strangely behind in this round of voting.

NCHC plays of the year

14 minutes ago, Gaggle said:

Something else to talk about until the next game is the NCHC plays of the year voting.  Nick Schmaltz's finish of the passing display is strangely behind in this round of voting.

NCHC plays of the year

What a joke!  The goal Schmaltz scored was one of the best goals I have seen scored by a Sioux player since I can remember. 

15 minutes ago, Gaggle said:

NCHC plays of the year

8 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

That's odd. When I voted about an hour ago Schmaltz goal had 85%. Shenanigans?

Yes, I'm biased, but that tic-tac-toe five pass goal was the best play of the year in college hockey, let alone the NCHC. Odd that it would be losing to a goal that wasn't even scored in a conference game. :huh:

15 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Yes, I'm biased, but that tic-tac-toe five pass goal was the best play of the year in college hockey, let alone the NCHC. Odd that it would be losing to a goal that wasn't even scored in a conference game. :huh:

Yeah, if a goal that takes that kind of timing and teamwork x5 isn't the play of the year, why bother.  To have that many passes just inside the line is incredible.  One pass is off slightly and the whole timing is screwed up.

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I just voted and it's now 36%/64% with Schmaltz trailing.  Definitely shenanigans afoot when that goal is trailing.
EDIT: for sure...only 325 votes for the Moore/Guentzel vote, but 1200+ for the Schmaltz one.

Sioux haters gonna hate. C'mon Sioux fans, let's show em who has the largest fan base in college hockey!

It's obvious that people are stuffing the ballot box.

You can vote as many times as you like if you just turn off cookies. 

Turn off your cookies, vote, then refresh the page and you can vote again.

The fact that there is a way to vote multiple times invalidates all results from the fan votes.  They need to come up with a better way to only allow one vote per person per day.

2 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

It's obvious that people are stuffing the ballot box.

You can vote as many times as you like if you just turn off cookies. 

Turn off your cookies, vote, then refresh the page and you can vote again.

The fact that there is a way to vote multiple times invalidates all results from the fan votes.  They need to come up with a better way to only allow one vote per person per day.

D'oh.  Can't believe I didn't think to do that.  My justification is to break the spirit of those carrying an anti-Sioux sentiment.