SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Great bounce back inning by Pagan tonight.  Trust that heater kid.  Get beat with 98 mph.

Big time at bats by them Yankees tonight.  Good for Gio.

Didn't age well did it....:lol:

11-10 Guardians....boy does this team need relief help. 

On 6/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, SiouxScore said:

YUCK! Why keep putting him out there in tight games? That bullpen needs a major overhaul.

I'm not a Rocco guy, but his hands are tied late in games.  I'd promote Jax and maybe split Pagan and Moran as bridge guys.

They've got to trade for a late inning guy.  Duran has been superb, need at least one more guy to compliment Jax. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Have we ever had a reliever blow 4 in a row to the same team?  Oof.

Maybe Joe Smith instead of Cotton in that situation, unless he is hurt? 

Joe Smith is on the IL.  Limited options tonight after Jax and Duran.

Watched Rocco's post game and it seems as though nothing will change with Pagan usage. 

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not a Rocco guy, but his hands are tied late in games.  I'd promote Jax and maybe split Pagan and Moran as bridge guys.

They've got to trade for a late inning guy.  Duran has been superb, need at least one more guy to compliment Jax. 

In some ways yes but other times no. 

The whole bullpen outside of Duran and for the most part Jax scares me, Duffey has been better as of late. Need a major overhaul out there.

16 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

In some ways yes but other times no. 

The whole bullpen outside of Duran and for the most part Jax scares me, Duffey has been better as of late. Need a major overhaul out there.

Agreed.  Teams know the Twins will be looking so they've got to go with the reality that it will require a Kepler or a Miranda to make a splash with a bullpen arm that likely will be a rental guy.  Jake Cave is killing it in the minors, and its not like the well is dry down there.

Buxton will get all the press for his walk off (Deserved), but how good of an at bat did Arraez have to lead off the inning?

Made the guy throw all his pitches and then have to go from the stretch with a guy that can run on first against Buxton.

He can't run well, doesn't have a great arm, not a superb fielder, not great power, but just finds a way to hit.  If he isn't an All Star cancel the game. 

• Upvote 1

The Twins can fix their bullpen by the following

1) Hope that Duffy and/or Pagan bouncebacks are real and last for the rest of the year.

2) Get Joe Smith back and healthy

3) Go to either Winder or Ober and convert them into a reliever (I would lean towards Winder with this ability to piggy back on either Bundy or Archer and you aren't taking Smeltzer out of the rotation until he faulters).

4) Trade for 2 arms. 

5) Hope Alcala doesn't have any more setback and comes back the same pitcher that he was in Sept. of last year. 

Twins win 2 of 3 in Chicago.  Bullpen just couldn't hold onto it today.  I know they want to watch the Duran usage, but probably should have seen him in the 8th with an off day tomorrow.

On to Texas with a 4.5 game lead in the Central.   

• Upvote 2