SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Lost 5 of their last six against Detroit....:huh:

That Rodgers trade was an epic fail....I know "team control" but we lost that trade.  Hands down.  Without looking it up could anybody name a pitcher who came back successfully from a 2nd TJ surgery??? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Twins seem to be holding their own in this tough stretch of games. 

When I looked at the pitching matchups for this series against the Yankees I gave the Twins no chance to even win a game and didn't really feel any would be real close, they have really impressed me these last two series.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:18 PM, Wilbur said:

Lost 5 of their last six against Detroit....:huh:

That Rodgers trade was an epic fail....I know "team control" but we lost that trade.  Hands down.  Without looking it up could anybody name a pitcher who came back successfully from a 2nd TJ surgery??? 

Pagan has pitched as well as Rogers, better if you look at ERA+. Paddack injury certainly disappointing but that happens. Brayan Medina could be be a huge arm in the future.  Certainly not an epic fail. 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:55 PM, nodakvindy said:

Pagan has pitched as well as Rogers, better if you look at ERA+. Paddack injury certainly disappointing but that happens. Brayan Medina could be be a huge arm in the future.  Certainly not an epic fail. 

I hope you're right, but Medina had a 5.88 ERA and 1.7 WHIP in 33 innings last year.  

Didn't fair well yesterday, but first appearance of the year so I'll give him a break and let him get some more innings under his belt.  

13 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Another series win.

Take care of Arizona this weekend and get ready for some big games at home against Cleveland. 

With what they've had to put out starting pitching wise with all the injuries they've had its amazing they are where they are.  I hated plenty on the former Yankees, but Gio and Gary Sanchez have both been good for them.  Arraez is hitting at another level, OBP wise and 

If they could get a middle relief guy to compliment Jax, and a starting pitcher like Mahle or Montas they could have a great chance for postseason baseball.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:06 PM, Wilbur said:

I hope you're right, but Medina had a 5.88 ERA and 1.7 WHIP in 33 innings last year.  

Didn't fair well yesterday, but first appearance of the year so I'll give him a break and let him get some more innings under his belt.  

He is only 19. He may take time

On 6/16/2022 at 9:05 AM, Wilbur said:

With what they've had to put out starting pitching wise with all the injuries they've had its amazing they are where they are.  I hated plenty on the former Yankees, but Gio and Gary Sanchez have both been good for them.  Arraez is hitting at another level, OBP wise and 

If they could get a middle relief guy to compliment Jax, and a starting pitcher like Mahle or Montas they could have a great chance for postseason baseball.

You know, they keep saying Kenta might be ready by Sept.....

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

5-5 tie with Cleveland at the moment.  Arraez and Kiriloff hitting the ball, and Ryan goes 6 innings.

See if they can find a way late against a very good Cleveland BP. 

Thought they were going to go Duran for the 8th and 9th. Too bad Pagan didn’t show up tonight 

24 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Thought they were going to go Duran for the 8th and 9th. Too bad Pagan didn’t show up tonight 

The 3-2 slider wasn't a great pitch call by Jeffers.  Make Reyes hit 98 mph instead of 85. 

Pagan now with 14 homers against in his last 33 innings.  Twins beat writer Aaron Gleeman with that knowledge for the fan base via Twitter.  

Now in a tie for first with the Gaurdians.  

Got to find a way to put the ball in play in the 10th.....they don't and we are sad fans for the evening. :lol: