SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Joe Ryan is pitching well and they take him out with 78 pitches in the 6th....and we wonder why the bullpen is taxed daily.  You are getting a good pitching performance against a good team, why take Ryan out?  Easily could have pitched into the 7th, who knows, maybe the 8th inning?

Maybe just once we don't follow the binder for a moment.    

57 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Gray has not been real sharp at all lately and the big grand slam has blown this one open.

Twins offense not helping either, ton left on lately not coming through with RISP or even getting productive outs. Can't have a leadoff triple and not score.

How many times have the Twins had a guy on third this year with no outs and not get him in?  Gray has just been slapped around lately.  Maybe the break will help him out.   

Second season begins on.....a Saturday?  Boy, maybe could have played one of those 5 games in Detroit from earlier in the year this Friday.

Anyways, away we go on what should be an entertaining ride through September.

Final Central Standings Predictions:
1. White Sox
2. Twins
3. Guardians
4. Tigers
5. Royals 

I believe whomever wins the division will do so with less than 90 wins.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, Wilbur said:

Second season begins on.....a Saturday?  Boy, maybe could have played one of those 5 games in Detroit from earlier in the year this Friday.

Anyways, away we go on what should be an entertaining ride through September.

Final Central Standings Predictions:
1. White Sox
2. Twins
3. Guardians
4. Tigers
5. Royals 

I believe whomever wins the division will do so with less than 90 wins.

Apparently the field is being used for a concert tonight and they wanted to give the field an extra day to recover. 

21 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Before any trade goes down, the Twins have an important decision to make:

Miguel Sano

His rehab assignemnt is almost over and now the Twins need to decide whether to bring him back or not.  

Trade Gio, or trade Sano?  Not sure if you can get a pitcher back for either.  Other than Arraez, Miranda, Buxton, Duran, Polanco, Ryan, I think everyone is on the table in possible trade talks.  I still have this imaginary hope that they could get something for Kepler.  

On 7/30/2022 at 2:02 PM, Wilbur said:

I hate hearing that the Twins are "super aggressive" in the trade market only to be played for a fool when the deadline ends and nothing happens when "the right deal" wasn't out there.  

Got a closer, so I'll eat crow.  I'll take a second helping if they are able to get themselves a starting pitcher.....fingers crossed.....

• Upvote 1

Minnesota Twins get: RHP Jorge Lopez

Hard-throwing righties Jhoan Duran and Griffin Jax have put on a show for the Twins this season, but their bullpen as a whole ranks second-to-last in fWAR.

As fixes for this depth problem go, it doesn't get much better than Lopez. Armed with a devastating sinker that sits in the high 90s, he's accumulated both strikeouts (27.6 K%) and ground balls (60.0 GB%) amid an All-Star breakout in 2022.

What's more, the 29-year-old is under club control through 2024. So while the Twins paid a hefty price to get Lopez, making him part of a three-headed relief monster for two-plus years is worth it.

Grade: A

Baltimore Orioles get: LHP Cade Povich, LHP Juan Rojas, RHP Yennier Cano, RHP Juan Nunez

You'd never know the Orioles are 52-51 and only 2.5 games out of a playoff spot. First, it was Trey Mancini on Monday, and now they've willingly surrendered their ace closer. Cynical, to say the least.

On the plus side, the Orioles did well to get pitching depth back from Minnesota. Though we had their farm system ranked at No. 1 in the majors coming out of the 2022 draft, it was more loaded with bats than with arms.

The big prize here is Povich, a 6'3", 185-pound lefty who's struck out 12.8 batters per nine innings since turning pro after going to the Twins in the third round of the 2021 draft.

Of the other three hurlers in this package, the 28-year-old Cano had a dominant career in Cuba and possesses the mid-90s heat and sharp slider to potentially become a late-inning relief weapon.

Grade: B