SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Like the additions today. Povich is solid but getting Lopez who has another year on his contract for basically him is a easy yes. Fulmer is solid and I don't really know the prospect they gave up. Mahle they paid a big price for as all 3 of those guys could be really good but you gotta give something to get something. Really like Haajar the lefty from Michigan they gave up. 

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Like the additions today. Povich is solid but getting Lopez who has another year on his contract for basically him is a easy yes. Fulmer is solid and I don't really know the prospect they gave up. Mahle they paid a big price for as all 3 of those guys could be really good but you gotta give something to get something. Really like Haajar the lefty from Michigan they gave up. 

and you get Mahle for another year as well, so you have 3 in your rotation for 2023, plus a returning Maeda. 

That already looks solid. 

Such is the Twins.....trade for a bunch of arms and then a guy who has been reliable let's one slip while Pagan and Smith have clean sheets.  The injuries are devastating right now...Buck, Kepler, Kiriloff, Larnach.  If Buxton goes on the IL that means that your outfield going forward is Cave, Gordon, Celistino or Contreras? 

Maybe Gio can play left field?

On 8/5/2022 at 8:00 AM, sioux rube said:

But let’s bring him out there in a 1-0 game. He’s nothing but a garbage time reliever if even that 

I really like the Fulmer acquisition.  Can work front end or the end of the game like what we saw last night.  Get 5 from the underperforming pitching staff, and then go Fulmer, Jax, Duran, Lopez.

Pagan can't pitch in a close game that they are leading.  Behind a run or two, fine.....but 1-0 in the 6th inning has to be Fulmer/Jax/Thielbar every time. 

• Upvote 1

That's the performance you need against good teams with what we have.  Bundy goes 4 without blowing up, then just roll with Fulmer, Thielbar, Jax, Duran, Lopez.

Megill has the ability to be a solid 5th-6th inning guy, just lacks an out pitch.  Guys that can hit 98 mph have a place in the big leagues. 

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

What else could Sanchez do there on that play at home. Just need to get rid of that rule 

https://bleacherreport.com/post/minnesota-twins/b657825c-f865-49f9-a397-02549995d9d2

Just atrocious and the worst part is usually it seems like they neve overturn that one.

Loved Rocco's reaction and finally showing some emotion though.

I felt he gave the runner plenty of the base to get to. He did not block the PLATE until he was in possession of the ball. Because he was in possession of the ball when he blocked the plate OBSTUCTION  should not have been called! No way should it have been overturned! Watch next week MLB will come back and say that the replay officials were wrong in overturning the call

• Upvote 2

Whether you liked or hated the call (hated it), WTF was Kepler doing base running in the 10th inning?  

Zero clue before the pitch was thrown where the outfield was set up at and he doesn't get to third because of it.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Whether you liked or hated the call (hated it), WTF was Kepler doing base running in the 10th inning?  

Zero clue before the pitch was thrown where the outfield was set up at and he doesn't get to third because of it.  

No doubt. He would of scored on Gordon’s grounder to second in the next at bat 

1 hour ago, St Patrick said:

One of, if not the most exciting plays in baseball was eliminated from baseball, the run-saving crash at home plate. Now we have a pussy dance around home plate for the most important plays in a game. Let New York decide, no harm in that! 

Replay (I understand it's not going away) has ruined pro sports in many ways.  Baseball had an artistic leniency element to it, the DP foot drag; and football had the momentum...keep them on their heels , go go go! element [whistle, replay], players get a free timeout.  Baseball was allowed some artistry and flat out barbary, football was war...these prime elements are eroding with replay.  

I don't like it. 

Old man rant.

Perfectly said sir 

I agree a ton with what those above have shared.  To me, the numbers/percentages stuff has hurt the game.  

We don't bunt a guy from second to third because this stat here says that your run potential is 1.4 if you don't bunt the guy over and 1.2 if you do......dohhkay. 

Wow, this guy is killing it on the mound today!  Great stuff!  Wait, we are taking him out now because a teams average jumps up to xxx percent the third time through?  But it's the best he's looked all year, and he is coming out after five.  

Don't get me started on launch angle and it being okay to strike out.

These last two days in LA could be the beginning of the end. Twins blow a 3-0 8th inning lead last night and then lose again this afternoon to the lowly Angels and a pitcher that got absolutely lit up his last time out. The pitching has been hit and miss all year but now the offense is really struggling too. Twins are now tied for 2nd with the White Sox at 2.5 back and absolutely have to go on a winning streak here if they want to stay in it. Cleveland has 4 with Detroit and 3 with the White Sox this week, Chicago has 4 with the Astros before the Cleveland weekend, and the Twins have 3 with the Royals and 4 with the Rangers Thursday-Monday.

Looking ahead Twins still have 3 with Houston and 4 with the Yanks left, Chicago's toughest is the 4 with the Astros this week and then 3 with Seattle and San Diego in early September and October, while Cleveland has the easiest remaining schedule 2 with San Diego coming up, 7 still with Seattle, and then 3 with the Rays late in the season.

This team is just incapable of going on a streak with Rocco as the manager.  He had his Bomba squad three and a barbecue postseason year, but this is exactly what we can expect with him and binder management.  

Bundy pitching great, pull him.  Then get a miracle double play and put Pagan back out there for the 11th? 

Today....just no sense of urgency.  Going through the motions.

I'll be happy to see Correa opt out.  I'd rather watch Gordan play short until Royce is ready.  Spend the money to get a guy that can go seven innings, if the binder allows him too that is.  

• Upvote 1