SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

Is it just me or does it seem like the hype for hockey is already sucking the air out of the media share of voice from the athletic department and it is still September?

No, that would be the nickname fiasco that is doing that.  Seriously, the media is always going to give more coverage to something that more people are interested in.  Football has been getting a lot of coverage, but not in a positive light, with the dismissal and defection.  They probably would be getting more positive coverage had they hung in with the Bison, rather than getting steamrolled.  

Might be a compulsive thing... North Dakota Court records show a similar charge in 2013 that was prosecuted in Southwest District Court in Dickinson. Hope he can get on a better path. 

That one wasn't him. Same first and last name but different middle name and 3 years older . His only prior legal run-ins were 2 speeding tickets.

I would argue promising is a good adjective to use because of how many freshman and soph are starting and contributing.

Fair enough.  The offense is young.  But I think you have to show signs of promise to be labeled promising.  Perhaps my perception is skewed because I didn't see the Wyoming game and missed the first half of the Drake game.  So the only UND football I've seen this year is the 2nd half of the Drake game and the NDSU game.  There hasn't been even a sliver of promise when I've been watching.  Nevertheless, I'm making the trek up to Grand Forks this weekend and hope to see something better.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough.  The offense is young.  But I think you have to show signs of promise to be labeled promising.  Perhaps my perception is skewed because I didn't see the Wyoming game and missed the first half of the Drake game.  So the only UND football I've seen this year is the 2nd half of the Drake game and the NDSU game.  There hasn't been even a sliver of promise when I've been watching.  Nevertheless, I'm making the trek up to Grand Forks this weekend and hope to see something better.

Well there you go.  You saw the worst 6 quarters of the season and missed the best 6.  Might want to actually watch some games before telling us how bad everything is.  

• Upvote 1

Is it just me or does it seem like the hype for hockey is already sucking the air out of the media share of voice from the athletic department and it is still September?

I don't live in Grand Forks, so it's hard for me to judge, but I'm not sensing a huge hype for hockey yet.  I think the main problem in terms of hype for UND football is with the results on the field.  After the FBS win, they had a chance to make some real progress in developing hype and fan base, and, let's face it, they blew it.  I terrible performance against Drake and not even being competitive against the Bison made a lot of people yawn and think "same old same old" UND football team.  

• Upvote 2

Well there you go.  You saw the worst 6 quarters of the season and missed the best 6.  Might want to actually watch some games before telling us how bad everything is.  

Pretty hard to watch a game that isn't on TV genius.  

As for the 1st half of the Drake game, I plead guilty.  I was golfing on a beautiful day.  I don't regret it. 

Drake game started at 5pm....golf earlier.

Thanks for the advice, but I had my multiple kid activities in the morning.

Point is, even if they were world beaters against Drake in the first half, that doesn't excuse what's happened since.  Am I being overly negative?  Maybe.  Big deal.  This is a message board.  There's certainly enough duckies and bunnies on this site to cancel it out.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the advice, but I had my multiple kid activities in the morning.

Point is, even if they were world beaters against Drake in the first half, that doesn't excuse what's happened since.  Am I being overly negative?  Maybe.  Big deal.  This is a message board.  There's certainly enough duckies and bunnies on this site to cancel it out.

UND has played ugly in the last 6 quarters, maybe over confidence after taking down an "FBS" team, maybe, but we all know Bubba will get these kids' head on straight especially starting conference play.

You're bad luck.  ;)

Nice of the Fargo Forum to place the Iverson story at the top of their website......  It was $16.  Shouldn't they be finding out the name of the individual who broke into a girl's room in the Sevrinson dormitory?  The case (with a "person of interest") has been handed over to the State's Attorney and still no name mentioned in the articles?

Nice of the Fargo Forum to place the Iverson story at the top of their website......  It was $16.  Shouldn't they be finding out the name of the individual who broke into a girl's room in the Sevrinson dormitory?  The case (with a "person of interest") has been handed over to the State's Attorney and still no name mentioned in the articles?

I guess they were one for two on NDSU players who were busted for theft in 2015.  The first one didn't make the news at all but the most recent one did.

What would other schools in the area do if one of their players shoplifted $16?    Would they be dismissed from the team?  I like what Bubba is doing?   It will definitely get the attention of the other players.    I'm guessing he had warned the kid if he got in trouble again there would be consequences.      I have a feeling a lot of coaches wouldn't have  cut the player though.

• Upvote 1

What would other schools in the area do if one of their players shoplifted $16?    Would they be dismissed from the team?  I like what Bubba is doing?   It will definitely get the attention of the other players.    I'm guessing he had warned the kid if he got in trouble again there would be consequences.      I have a feeling a lot of coaches wouldn't have  cut the player though.

Im Ron Burgundy?

• Upvote 2

I don't live in Grand Forks, so it's hard for me to judge, but I'm not sensing a huge hype for hockey yet.  I think the main problem in terms of hype for UND football is with the results on the field.  After the FBS win, they had a chance to make some real progress in developing hype and fan base, and, let's face it, they blew it.  I terrible performance against Drake and not even being competitive against the Bison made a lot of people yawn and think "same old same old" UND football team.  

I couldn't agree more. UND had an excited fan base at the Potato Bowl against Drake and many who weren't in attendance were curious and paying close attention. Unfortunately, those excited, curious fans got nothing but disappointment after the Drake game and blowout against NDSU. All in all, the past two games have killed the buzz generated from the Wyoming game.

Now, if UND can get a nice win streak going to start conference play, excitement could start building again.