SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

On 7/7/2017 at 4:41 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Alerus Center definitely half-assed it for a long time ... the gameday atmosphere committee and new Alerus Center management seems to be making a difference so far, though (consider new sound system).

While I love the new sound system and lights that the Alerus Center will be getting, I don't know if either the committee or the new management group had anything to do with them. The committee has had like one meeting and the new management team hasn't been in charge more than two weeks. A sound system and new installation of lights isn't something that just happens on a whim, that is something that is built into the budget well ahead of time.

Edited by ChesterFritz90
Forgot to mention management team

1 hour ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

While I love the new sound system and lights that the Alerus Center will be getting, I don't know if either the committee or the new management group had anything to do with them. The committee has had like one meeting and haven't been in charge more than two weeks. A sound system and new installation of lights isn't something that just happens on a whim, that is something that is built into the budget well ahead of time.

Totally agree, many complaints have been made over the last few years. Improvements will be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 9:42 AM, gundy1124 said:

Reindeau decleater against UNC.  Possibly the biggest hit I've seen.  

Cole Reyes knocking out UNC running back.....

You could hear the Reindeau hit all over the stadium - If I had to name one single play that turned our program around this would be it.  

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Capture.PNG

ok gfhockey, its an old post, but with Swimming gone, when are we getting our new football stadium? :)

He's just recycling a past story/post.
He's green. ;) 

PS - gfhockey, I thought you were the insider, the card-carrying member of the %gobc and such. :) 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

"One great change coming is an upgrade to the Alerus Center's lighting and sound systems. It's not due to the new committee, but was simply a renovation taken on by the Alerus Center. It was desperately needed and should make a noticeable difference this season."

These improvements will be magic and will be on board for this season!!! Was sooooooooooo much needed.

With this and the committee's actions, a football experience in 2020 when we are in the MVFC should be quite a different experience that the games of last year.

The Bizon will be shocked when they show up in the Hawk's Nest in 2020, and they will slip and slide.  Tickets will be a premium for that game!!!

Is it August yet? Absolutely.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 5:35 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

"One great change coming is an upgrade to the Alerus Center's lighting and sound systems. It's not due to the new committee, but was simply a renovation taken on by the Alerus Center. It was desperately needed and should make a noticeable difference this season."

These improvements will be magic and will be on board for this season!!! Was sooooooooooo much needed.

With this and the committee's actions, a football experience in 2020 when we are in the MVFC should be quite a different experience that the games of last year.

The Bizon will be shocked when they show up in the Hawk's Nest in 2020, and they will slip and slide.  Tickets will be a premium for that game!!!

Is it August yet? Absolutely.

Still waiting patiently for the 2020 conference schedule you got your hands on to be released. 

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

For those who were on the football team, is our locker room at the Alerus a big issue?  Is having a new locker room in the HPC/renovated locker room in Memorial more important than a nice gameday locker room?

For me the Alerus lockers were fine, we really only used them the week or part of the week of home games.  Nice lockers in Memorial would be more important in my opinion because 95% of your "locker time" is at Memorial with spring ball, fall camp, away game weeks, winter and summer strength and conditioning .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Player21 said:

For me the Alerus lockers were fine, we really only used them the week or part of the week of home games.  Nice lockers in Memorial would be more important in my opinion because 95% of your "locker time" is at Memorial with spring ball, fall camp, away game weeks, winter and summer strength and conditioning .

I agree. The Alerus could use a little facelift but I’m not sure it would be worth it. At memorial it would absolutely be worth it.