SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

Serious question.If you guys really believe FCS football is JV and doesn't mean anything, why would you care to spend even a minute discussing it? Seems to me, most on here actually do care about FCS football and are suffering from some serious Bison envy.

JV that UND fans would like to win like the Bison have done.

Good job on winning. How many congrats from a non rival would you like?

Serious question.

If you guys really believe FCS football is JV and doesn't mean anything, why would you care to spend even a minute discussing it? Seems to me, most on here actually do care about FCS football and are suffering from some serious Bison envy.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You guys did awesome!!!!!!!   Thanks for doing North Dakota proud!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why some UND people aren't impressed with FCS football either, especially considering how much we want it to succeed here.   I think the problem is, at UND hockey will always be king, and probably should be.   Every school has it's passion, it's just not football.   That doesn't mean we should think less of FCS football.

I don't understand why some UND people aren't impressed with FCS football either, especially considering how much we want it to succeed here.   I think the problem is, at UND hockey will always be king, and probably should be.   Every school has it's passion, it's just not football.   That doesn't mean we should think less of FCS football.

Color me impressed. The majority on here are impressed, too. Some folks like to focus and fixate on those who say they're not impressed.  More fun, I guess.

Serious question.

If you guys really believe FCS football is JV and doesn't mean anything, why would you care to spend even a minute discussing it? Seems to me, most on here actually do care about FCS football and are suffering from some serious Bison envy.

Hayduke and maybe a handful of others have refered to FCS as JV.  So by saying "you guys" you are referring to a very very very small percentage of people on here. 

Alos, We don't have "Bison envy"  Do we wqnt to win conference titles, make the pplayoffs, and win a National Championship?  Sure.  Just like every other school in the FCS.  Not "Bison envy" just wanting to win.

• Upvote 4

I absolutely want UND football to succeed but I am also able to keep it in perspective and realize that success means getting the opportunity to play for 129th place in Division 1 football. Many, not all, but way more than a few of the bison fan base have a hard time grasping that concept.

I absolutely want UND football to succeed but I am also able to keep it in perspective and realize that success means getting the opportunity to play for 129th place in Division 1 football. Many, not all, but way more than a few of the bison fan base have a hard time grasping that concept.

Just can't stop beating up FCS, and by extension UND's football team? 

The suggestion that every FBS team is ahead of every FCS team is absurd. No knowledgeable person outside of this website would say that. Take a look at the Sagarin ratings for instance. Sagarin rates NDSU one spot below Notre Dame for Christ's sake.

Just can't stop beating up FCS, and by extension UND's football team? 

The suggestion that every FBS team is ahead of every FCS team is absurd. No knowledgeable person outside of this website would say that. Take a look at the Sagarin ratings for instance. Sagarin rates NDSU one spot below Notre Dame for Christ's sake.

Comprehension seems to be a problem for you. I didn't say that every FBS team is ahead of every FCS team....at the end of the day, NDSU and UND and every other school in FCS is competing for 129th place while the 128 FBS teams are competing for 1st.....but, hey, thanks for proving my point!

Comprehension seems to be a problem for you. I didn't say that every FBS team is ahead of every FCS team....at the end of the day, NDSU and UND and every other school in FCS is competing for 129th place while the 128 FBS teams are competing for 1st.....but, hey, thanks for proving my point!

If I understand correctly, they will be competing for 22nd place in Bismarck next March at State B hoops? 

How is saying that the FCS champ is in 129th place not saying that 128 (FBS) schools place ahead of the FCS champ?

Serious question.

I did not mean to come across that way. I do not believe fcs is jv and didn't mean to belittle fcs football in any way. I support the und football team every way I can and I follow them whether they are winning or losing. I'm a und fan. Even though und hasn't played ndsu in football in such a long time I'm excited for the game this fall and I still would consider ndsu a rival. I hope that und can compete and win.

But let's be realistic. Und hockey is still a bigger deal than ndsu football?

I did not mean to come across that way. I do not believe fcs is jv and didn't mean to belittle fcs football in any way. I support the und football team every way I can and I follow them whether they are winning or losing. I'm a und fan. Even though und hasn't played ndsu in football in such a long time I'm excited for the game this fall and I still would consider ndsu a rival. I hope that und can compete and win.

But let's be realistic. Und hockey is still a bigger deal than ndsu football

Absolutely,  A major national sports network will bring a crew of 50 and set up shop for a week and air a 3-hour national telecast in front of the Ralph this hockey season. When UND gets to the Frozen Four in April, all of the local TV stations will send not only Sports reporters, but news anchors and reporters, teams of photographers, and will air hour long or longer pre-game shows the night before and the morning of the game. Even stations from Western ND will send people to the game.15 to 20 thousand fans will travel a 1,000 miles to the championship game. The complete season of UND hockey tickets sell out in less than an hour after going on sale,

I guess you are right, nobody can argue with you. UND hockey is much bigger than NDSU football.. 

Absolutely,  A major national sports network will bring a crew of 50 and set up shop for a week and air a 3-hour national telecast in front of the Ralph this hockey season. When UND gets to the Frozen Four in April, all of the local TV stations will send not only Sports reporters, but news anchors and reporters, teams of photographers, and will air hour long or longer pre-game shows the night before and the morning of the game. Even stations from Western ND will send people to the game.15 to 20 thousand fans will travel a 1,000 miles to the championship game. The complete season of UND hockey tickets sell out in less than an hour after going on sale,

I guess you are right, nobody can argue with you. UND hockey is much bigger than NDSU football.. 

UND did sellout a regional in less then 30 minutes. You realize the point of being on ESPN College Game Day is to actually have your game the main game of the day that is either on ESPN or ABC nationally.   

UND did sellout a regional in less then 30 minutes. You realize the point of being on ESPN College Game Day is to actually have your game the main game of the day that is either on ESPN or ABC nationally.

I always thought it odd Gameday was in Fargo but I couldnt watch there game on tv on any station in minneapolis. Isnt that the point of gameday? At wyoming basketball game on espn right now.

Wow. How bad is it? The more success NDSU has the less we seem to like football and everything that goes with it. We then elevate hockey to the point that great architect Wayne gretsky proclaims the Ralph north Americas most beautiful building.

If we are correct drop small time football and pathetic women's hockey so we can enjoy, without distraction, Americas greatest sport and the icon that identifies it as such: UND.

Ps. Let's forget about next yrs super bowl too. Doesn't matter our admin moved heaven and earth to get the game, it's just small time, far below our sophisticated fan base.

UND did sellout a regional in less then 30 minutes. You realize the point of being on ESPN College Game Day is to actually have your game the main game of the day that is either on ESPN or ABC nationally.   

So, the exposure that NDSU received on Game Day doesn't count because the actual game wasn't broadcast nationally? Just another ridiculous sour grapes comment.

But let's be realistic. Und hockey is still a bigger deal than ndsu football

Over the last 4 years NDSU football has been a much bigger deal than UND hockey by the measures that count -- nationwide and regional media exposure. In my opinion, with NDSU on Game Day twice and multiple regular season and playoff appearances on national TV, it's not even close. Add the NCAA Men's basketball tournament to the mix and NDSU has lapped UND.

Absolutely, A major national sports network will bring a crew of 50 and set up shop for a week and air a 3-hour national telecast in front of the Ralph this hockey season. When UND gets to the Frozen Four in April, all of the local TV stations will send not only Sports reporters, but news anchors and reporters, teams of photographers, and will air hour long or longer pre-game shows the night before and the morning of the game. Even stations from Western ND will send people to the game.15 to 20 thousand fans will travel a 1,000 miles to the championship game. The complete season of UND hockey tickets sell out in less than an hour after going on sale,

Yeah Valley News Live did a great job showing they are the southern valley leader in news, weather and sports. Just wait until Midcontinent is embracing the city of Fargo (next year It should be complete) then NDSU will dump VNL and go with Midco SN since they have the other Dakota 3, is seen by more people than VNL, and will bring in more money for NDSU. Enjoy the local news station, when you can.