SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

I read the regular season comment. I think it is irrelevant. Midco is a joke and I didn't even begin to name the Midco games NDSU had because it is largely irrelevant. Their production. Is worse than the new high school channel they have for ND high school games.

15 appearances over the past 5 years for NDSU football is significant.

As far as your hockey comment goes, the quarterfinal game NDSU played in this year against Coastal Carolina had more people watching than any hockey national championship game in the last decade. I think it is pretty safe to say hockey is a joke.

Tell that to Fargo Force fans who sellout that arena in SW Fargo.  They rival NDSU men's basketball as the #3 sport to watch in FM, behind NDSU football and the Redhawks.

So, the exposure that NDSU received on Game Day doesn't count because the actual game wasn't broadcast nationally? Just another ridiculous sour grapes comment.

Again the point of being on College Game Day is to have your game televised nationally on ESPN or ABC nationally. I would say the same thing to UND fans if Game Day came to Grand Forks and didn't show their game on ESPN or ABC nationally. It's sad the first thing you NDSU fans do after winning a national title is go onto a non rivals fan forum and brag about it. You guys have argued with your on fans on here, really two NDSU fans arguing over how the QB is playing on Sioux Sports sounds really dumb. That's like UND fans having a argument over how someone is playing on one of UND's teams on Bisonville. 

Again the point of being on College Game Day is to have your game televised nationally on ESPN or ABC nationally. I would say the same thing to UND fans if Game Day came to Grand Forks and didn't show their game on ESPN or ABC nationally. It's sad the first thing you NDSU fans do after winning a national title is go onto a non rivals fan forum and brag about it. You guys have argued with your on fans on here, really two NDSU fans arguing over how the QB is playing on Sioux Sports sounds really dumb. That's like UND fans having a argument over how someone is playing on one of UND's teams on Bisonville. 

If NDSU didn't have the longest winning streak in DI football ESPN Gameday wouldn't have come here twice.

Tell that to Fargo Force fans who sellout that arena in SW Fargo. They rival NDSU men's basketball as the #3 sport to watch in FM, behind NDSU football and the Redhawks.

I worked at the UPC, as it was known then, for 2 years . They struggle to sell out games let alone 50% of the stands most nights. You have no clue what the f*ck you are talking about.

I read the regular season comment. I think it is irrelevant. Midco is a joke and I didn't even begin to name the Midco games NDSU had because it is largely irrelevant. Their production. Is worse than the new high school channel they have for ND high school games.

As far as your hockey comment goes, the quarterfinal game NDSU played in this year against Coastal Carolina had more people watching than any hockey national championship game in the last decade. I think it is pretty safe to say hockey is a joke.

I'm aure toews; oshie, Parise, or any of the other former sioux hockey players raking in millions would disagree with your hockey is a joke statement.

Add up the few former bison nfl salaries from this season and do they even exceed what toews is making this year?

If NDSU didn't have the longest winning streak in DI football ESPN Gameday wouldn't have come here twice.

Your point being what?

NDSU has had a ton of exposure nationally, which is why NDSU has continued to get stronger recruiting classes and are actually beating FBS schools on some recruits , whereas UND competes largely with D2 schools and have actually lost kids to lower level schools.

Hate to break it to you but hockey exposure means jack !@#$ to a football recruit.

I worked at the UPC, as it was known then, for 2 years . They struggle to sell out games let alone 50% of the stands most nights. You have no clue what the f*ck you are talking about.

They seat 5000 for hockey so 50% would be 2500.

The lowest attendance in the last 7 seasons was 2008-09 at 3203. You have no clue what you are talking about.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=9322

Your point being what?

NDSU has had a ton of exposure nationally, which is why NDSU has continued to get stronger recruiting classes and are actually beating FBS schools on some recruits , whereas UND competes largely with D2 schools and have actually lost kids to lower level schools.

Hate to break it to you but hockey exposure means jack !@#$ to a football recruit.

UND has had multiple losing seasons thanks to a coach that got the boot, of course that wouldn't help NDSU..would it? Or else what was your excuse from 1993-2003?

I'm aure toews; oshie, Parise, or any of the other former sioux hockey players raking in millions would disagree with your hockey is a joke statement.

Add up the few former bison nfl salaries from this season and do they even exceed what toews is making this year?

I was meaning to say college hockey. It is very similar to baseball. Most of the best players go directly into some type of minor league and the sport is largely not followed.

College football and college basketball dominate this country.

I was meaning to say college hockey. It is very similar to baseball. Most of the best players go directly into some type of minor league and the sport is largely not followed.

Maybe you should just leave while you are behind.

UND has had multiple losing seasons thanks to a coach that got the boot, of course that wouldn't help NDSU..would it? Or else what was your excuse from 1993-2003?

I know you love to live in the past Darrell and like I said multiple times, NDSU had the number one ranked D2 team in both 2000 and 2001 until injuries took their toll. If NDSU isn't down to their 3rd string QB in 2000, you are talking about another national championship. You have to go back to the early 60's to find the last time NDSU had consistent loosing seasons like UND has had.

I love how much NDSU winning gets under your skin. FYI go check out egriz. They have a nice forum going on about UN_.

This is 2015. The D2 days are long over. At one point, Boise State was loosing to Montana in the Big Sky and not as good of a program. Because that happened in the past, does that mean Montana is going to rise up and be a better program again? Things change dude, and sometimes those changes are permanent or last for a very very long time.

Then why don't they have minor leagues if they are so dominate?

Mod's this topic has run its course and has been off topic for awhile now. Time to lock it.

This thread is what it is and isn't going to cause any sort of catastrophe. If you don't like it, don't read it.

As for NDSU, give them their credit. They have built a powerful brand in FCS football and Summit basketball.

As for UND, there's no reason success can't come in those aforementioned sports. However, whether the hockey diehards like it or not, more emphasis needs to be put on football and basketball. That means less on hockey; just the way the law of distribution works. Need increased budget for better salary for a different MBB coach and better marketing/gameday experience for football. Also need HPC phase II to get completed. With that and hard work, UND football and MBB will eventually see success ALONG WITH hockey.

Oh, and also need an AD who can see this vision and aspire to make it a reality...

In the past 7 years 36% of NHL debuts have come from college hockey. Only 2% of ncaa baseball players make it to mlb. Not a very good comparison.

This thread is what it is and isn't going to cause any sort of catastrophe. If you don't like it, don't read it.

As for NDSU, give them their credit. They have built a powerful brand in FCS football and Summit basketball.

As for UND, there's no reason success can't come in those aforementioned sports. However, whether the hockey diehards like it or not, more emphasis needs to be put on football and basketball. That means less on hockey; just the way the law of distribution works. Need more salary for better MBB coach and better marketing/gameday experience for football. Also need HPC phase II to get completed. With that and hard work, UND football and MBB will see success ALONG WITH hockey.

Agreed. If there's room for growth at und it isn't the hockey team. There is much more room for growth in men's bball and football and the athletic department should be focusing on growth.

I know you love to live in the past Darrell and like I said multiple times, NDSU had the number one ranked D2 team in both 2000 and 2001 until injuries took their toll. If NDSU isn't down to their 3rd string QB in 2000, you are talking about another national championship. You have to go back to the early 60's to find the last time NDSU had consistent loosing seasons like UND has had.

I love how much NDSU winning gets under your skin. FYI go check out egriz. They have a nice forum going on about UN_.

This is 2015. The D2 days are long over. At one point, Boise State was loosing to Montana in the Big Sky and not as good of a program. Because that happened in the past, does that mean Montana is going to rise up and be a better program again? Things change dude, and sometimes those changes are permanent or last for a very very long time.

Does it make you feel good to come on a UND sports website to pump your chest about how good your schools teams are and how bad you think our teams are?  I never understood the point of people like you doing that.  I get it when you want to have a good discussion about sports.  Maybe during the week when we play each other you can brag a little bit about the last time they played or how they played in the most recent game involving both schools.  But to come on here and rip on the team that the mojority of people on this site cheer for is just dumb.  YOu wonder why you get wso much flack about your comments.  You have a great football program that you should be damn proud of.  I hope UND can someday reach the type of accomplishments they have achieved.  there.  I said it.  Do you feel better?  You have made your point.  Now go back to Bisonville or another rival message board you like to brag on and we will talk to you in September.  Until then, Good ridence!!

• Upvote 1

Do you have Nielsen numbers to support this?  I think it's pure conjecture.  

• Upvote 1

Do you have Nielsen numbers to support this? I think it's pure conjecture.

I could find it again. It was either posted in Bisonville or Any Given Saturday.

In any case it is irrelevant. UND could have the highest rankings in the country for a college hockey game. All that would do is make your fan base and athletic department ignore UND football even more and make UND football players feel second fiddle on campus.

Just curious. How many UND football games have you attended over the past 5 years? How many hockey games?

Just curious. How many UND football games have you attended over the past 5 years? How many hockey games?

Considering one plays 4x more than the other, not a real valid comparison.  But I guess using your brilliant methodology, UND hockey is more popular because it draws more collective fans to its games?

Can't play both sides of the fence.

I could find it again. It was either posted in Bisonville or Any Given Saturday.

In any case it is irrelevant. UND could have the highest rankings in the country for a college hockey game. All that would do is make your fan base and athletic department ignore UND football even more and make UND football players feel second fiddle on campus.

I'd guess that the average bison fan has went to more football games the past few years than basketball... Football is not the big cheese at UND.