SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

Well said......pretty pointless season. I have never even dreamt of going to a baseball game in GF.

What is the biggest crowd to see a baseball game? 900? 1000? I haven't been to a ball game in GF since the GF Varmints in 1996.

There is no reason for the legislature to continue to interfere in this issue. It does in fact hurt not to have a brand/logo. They need to the the University make the decision and stop trying to micromanage. Sioux logo and name is a dead issue. Too bad. Best part was the cool logo done by Brien but other than that it doesn't matter anymore. We need to move on and have Kelly focus on improving our facilities and support for athletics as well as marketing the University. If the legislature wants to cont. to interfere, they should appropriate the lost revenue dollars since they they have prevented us from moving on.

You are correct, the do not pass designation is what I meant. My mistake.

The problem is that if a few influential pin heads speak on the floor in favor of the bill it could sway more votes than the committee recommendation.  We seem to have a couple of idiots in positions of power down there.

I'm sorry but 2,000 fans at a hockey game in St. Cloud isn't impressive at all when compared to 17,000 fans at a football game in Texas.  The two sports are incomparable.  There are a lot of alumni and, more importantly, prospective students that would have a great deal more interest in watching high quality football or basketball as opposed to high quality hockey.  There is a reason the NHL is solidly fourth among the four major sports and realistically more like 5th or 6th in terms of TV ratings and market share behind the PGA and NASCAR.  Heck, on most nights in a lot of markets in this country you're more likely to find an MLS or Premier League soccer game on your television as opposed to an NHL game.  College hockey doesn't even register.  It's a non-event.

v Yes, and FCS/Div 1-AA football is a non-event to the average college football rube nation-wide. And that's not to belittle NDSU's 4 straight lower tier title wins, it's just a fact. So, same-same I guess.