SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

I posted the definition of racist, his comment fits. I don't see mention of a country of origin in the title of this thread. Why would I think differently if he he is talking about crime? You're assuming I believe only minorities or immigrants are responsible for rising crime rates in Fargo.

I'm not assuming anything...but still curious why you picked Detroit over a city with 1,500+ shooting victims thus far in 2014 to compare to Fargo...

I'm not assuming anything...but still curious why you picked Detroit over a city with 1,500+ shooting victims thus far in 2014 to compare to Fargo...

Because it's easier for someone scanning ss to correlate Detroit to crime. Not as many people would know what she was talking about if she said St. Louis or some other city with a high crime rate.

• Upvote 1

I grew up in a safe, inner city, culturally diversified, blue collar neighborhood in Chicago. Detroit was  a place we didn't go, maybe because it's the home of the Detroit Lions and/or a place that had more crime than my neighborhood.   What I did was bring attention to the rising rate of crime in Fargo by comparing it to an area that has a lot of crime.  I could easily have said Chicago given the number of murders there have been in the recent  past or I could have said any one of the 25 most dangerous cities in the US.but I didn't.  What I didn't do was attach a group/race/culture/religion to the title.

Because it's easy for someone scanning ss to correlate Detroit to crime. Nobody would know what she was talking about if we said St. Louis or some other city with a high crime rate.

I agree, the original post didn't bring race to mind at all for me (though wow did it blow up today, eh?)  Detroit has a long-running reputation as being a victim of urban decay and crime. I think Detroit, I think Robocop :)

• Upvote 2

I Am Talking About A Thread With Racial Undertones In Which The Moderator Participates, ...

And "Bison Dan" and "bison73" and you and the board owner. Your point being?

Talking about LSS and how they are milking the system is wrong?

And until we can have a civil discussion of cultural differences and race in America it's not going to change.

PS - I'm pretty sure not every word in your statement is worthy of capitalization. ;)

• Upvote 1

I agree, the original post didn't bring race to mind at all for me (though wow did it blow up today, eh?)  Detroit has a long-running reputation as being a victim of urban decay and crime. I think Detroit, I think Robocop :)

If she'd have said Washington DC or New Orleans I'd have thought "homicide". Detroit? General crime. Denver or Seattle these days would probably spur visions of cannibus.

If she'd have said "Cleveland" I'd have thought polution. (I'm probably the only one who remembers a burning river.)

• Upvote 1

And "Bison Dan" and "bison73" and you and the board owner. Your point being?

Talking about LSS and how they are milking the system is wrong?

And until we can have a civil discussion of cultural differences and race in America it's not going to change.

PS - I'm pretty sure not every word in your statement is worthy of capitalization. ;)

My Phones Stuck On This Crazy Swipe Keyboard So It Does It Automatically