SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State @ UND

Cratter

First - no one knows if its true.  Second - no one here knows the situation; health, grades, what coaches have told them, family situations, etc.  I'm just saying its pathetic for people your age to instantly jump to the lack of character, failure in life stance for these KIDS.

And no, switching does equal quitting.  You don't leave a school or job and go to a new one without without switching\quitting the previous one.  Kids leave school all the time during the semester for a variety of reasons.  People leave jobs to take better jobs or better fits for them all the time too.  Many of them don't end up in their parents basements but go ahead and believe that if it makes you feel superior.

Tell us, have you ever left one school for another??  have you ever quit one job to take another at some point in your life?   quitter??? 

You can settle down now. Some of us are just curious to find out names and that is it.

from SFI this morning             

oskie says: November 5, 2014 at 8:34 am

If a twitter account is accurate, Dev Ferguson is one of them. Our other guess is Casey Young. Young was in a logjam at WR and never beat out anybody ahead of him. We have no idea why Ferguson would quit but to each his own. He is a talented player but had trouble staying on the field. - See more at: http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2014/10/31/week-9-preview-6-eastern-washington-eagles/#comments

Ferguson? I definitely didn't see that one coming. He's been injured a lot, but the kid's been a starter for most of the year as a true freshman.

from SFI this morning             

If a twitter account is accurate, Dev Ferguson is one of them. Our other guess is Casey Young. Young was in a logjam at WR and never beat out anybody ahead of him. We have no idea why Ferguson would quit but to each his own. He is a talented player but had trouble staying on the field. - See more at: http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2014/10/31/week-9-preview-6-eastern-washington-eagles/#comments

I liked both guys.  Hopefully it is a rumor, it would be nice if they could stick it out for 3 more weeks and than evaluate the situation after the season is over.  For Dev, the first year is a whirlwind plus he's been dealing with some injuries.  Let things settle down and evaluate.

from SFI this morning             

VlOTx-Ev_normal.jpeg Develyn Ferguson @dev_ferguson  ·  9h 9 hours ago

Already loving the non student athlete life1f60a.png

0 replies 0 retweets 2 favorites

That's unfortunate on both accounts.  I don't understand why you would quit now.  It makes me think of when I was a kid and I had a pretty major conflict with a young hockey coach and I wanted to quit.  My parents wouldn't let me and said I committed to the team and needed to finish the season but didn't have to play the next year.  I was really upset but finished the season and looking back my parents were correct and saw the situation clearly which I couldn't do at the time.

College athletics is extremely demanding of time and a lot of people struggle to adjust.  I hope the guys aren't making a decision they will end up regretting down the road.   

Players quit every year from every program for various reasons. In a way this rough patch after the midpoint of the season is filtering out guys that aren't mentally tough enough and lack perspective. I can understand why Young, if that's who it is, would leave. Who knows why Dev would, maybe his hopes and dreams of college ball came crashing down as it was revealed to be a meat grinder. Who knows. All we can say is next man up. One WR I'm not worried about is Seibel.

Ferguson was having injury problems. Maybe he just decided that college football wasn't for him.

I believe a lot of those problems recently had to do with concussions.  If that's true, then that would be a legitimate reason to quit if he didn't want to deal with that.  In either case, we're getting pretty thin if Young is also gone.

Weekly 2 deep changes:

WRZ is now Seibel/Cerriteno replacing Cerriteno/Young

WRX is now Walker/Ivery replacing Ferguson/Walker

WRB is no longer listed as a position

QB is now Studsrud/Hanson replacing Bartels/Hanson

No changes on the defensive side or on special teams.

Based on that, it appears Young is the other WR no longer with the team.

Many on this forum were celebrating all the true freshman who were playing.  However, I was very guarded.  Yes the UND coaches had to do some of that since many players left after Mussman was fired and it took so long to hire a new coaching staff.  BUT it is a big adjustment going from high school to college in many aspects...academically, being away from home, socially and then add demands of college D1 football and it is a huge adjustment.  Personally I don't feel like most freshman should play their first year.  This is a huge time demand on these players, their bodies usually are not ready for the physical demands and the

Plus I think that one additional comment must be added.  Many of these players were very good at the high school level and many are used to winning programs.  Coming into a D1 football program (no matter what it's success) has a lot of similar players which were very good.  Kids are not used to having to fight for their position and be challenged physically against their own players and other opponents. 

It is unfortunate if anyone leaves the program...for whatever reason...but leaving during mid-season shows me that they are not a team player. 

The positive note is this is an opportunity for another player to step up and shine. 

I believe a lot of those problems recently had to do with concussions. If that's true, then that would be a legitimate reason to quit if he didn't want to deal with that. In either case, we're getting pretty thin if Young is also gone.

Wish him all the best. Serious deal if concussion related.

I wonder what the story with Young is.   He has been with the program for many years with a nice resume behind him, and yet he never ever seemed to make the regular rotation.   And now Seibel passed him.  I am sure he wasn't happy.     I suppose we will hear more about why never got to play much.  I also imagine the story behind Ferguson will surface before to long too.

Ferguson? I definitely didn't see that one coming. He's been injured a lot, but the kid's been a starter for most of the year as a true freshman.

We met his parents tailgating - must be something behind the scenes because they seemed to like his situation.