SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State @ UND

Cratter

I have mentioned a couple times in the past that UND should try to schedule away games that weekend every year. Does it effect NDSU attendance?

How much control over conference games does UND have?  I would think that if they had any they would try to do that.  My guess is they don't have any.

How much control over conference games does UND have?  I would think that if they had any they would try to do that.  My guess is they don't have any.

I think you are right...I just hope that when scheduling is going on they mention that they would like to be on the road that weekend if possible. Then again when these conference schedules were being built UND was in the middle of the nickname issues so likely not wise to ask for any extras given the circumstances. 

Best info I have is a sprained shoulder, somewhere between a grade I and grade II on throwing shoulder.  If you google search it will tell you what the grades are. 

I assume it is an AC separation. The Acromio-clavicular joint is at the top of the shoulder and helps stabilize the shoulder. Grade 1 is a minor sprain with no evidence of separation on the xray and no evidence of deformity on exam. Tender at top of shoulder and would hurt to throw.  Non-throwers can probably play with that injury but it will hurt when they hit with that shoulder.  Grade 2 shows some separation on the xray and there is usualy evidence of a mild deformity at the AC joint (the top of the shoulder at the end of the clavicle). Those hurt when you even lift your arm and usually take 2-4 weeks to feel much better.  A grade 3 separation shows a large separation on xray and you see a step off deformity at the AC joint on exam.  It is very tender and usually treated with surgery by most Sports Med orthopedic surgeons. Have no idea what Ryan has nor when he could get back.  This is different than a shoulder dislocation.  He will recover from an AC Grade 1 or 2 sprain pretty quickly and easily back for spring ball if not sooner.

Well hopefully they are the ones who are dropping all of the balls, if so maybe it won't be that bad of a thing.  But yeah either way, dropping out 2/3 through the season is pretty lame unless there are some special circumstances.  Kinda kidding about it not being a bad thing, we are kind of thin all the way around and any departures at this point is not good. Although I guess if they are going to quit at the end of the season anyway, and they were getting some playing time.....actually better off without them and getting somebody younger in to get some game experience.....it's not like we are playoff bound or anything this year.   Think I contradicted myself twice..... I should re-write all of that but oh well....I was just typing out loud.

The door is always open. Talent or not, you can always leave if you feel so inclined.

This....^^^^^^^.

Talent will win you some games. Character builds a team and program.

If its true 2 WRs are bolting at this point in the season, this hardship they think they are facing in FB is nothing compared to life after college. Hope their parents basements are ready to take them in long term.

%quitters

• Upvote 1

Some fans of UND just amaze me.   So eager to throw kids under the bus.  Even before we know anything has even happened for sure.  If they decide to leave a program and or UND completely they instantly are lacking in character and of course will be failures in life.   Wow.  Great character kids when they stuck around through the staff upheaval, but now just rotten losers.  Again, wow.

For those of you who never, ever switched schools or jobs in your life, it must be a great view from up on your high horse.

Some fans of UND just amaze me. So eager to throw kids under the bus. Even before we know anything has even happened for sure. If they decide to leave a program and or UND completely they instantly are lacking in character and of course will be failures in life. Wow. Great character kids when they stuck around through the staff upheaval, but now just rotten losers. Again, wow.

For those of you who never, ever switched schools or jobs in your life, it must be a great view from up on your high horse.

Switching and quitting are different things. Plus a true FR did not stick it out after Mussman. Facts.

Some fans of UND just amaze me.   So eager to throw kids under the bus.  Even before we know anything has even happened for sure.  If they decide to leave a program and or UND completely they instantly are lacking in character and of course will be failures in life.   Wow.  Great character kids when they stuck around through the staff upheaval, but now just rotten losers.  Again, wow.

For those of you who never, ever switched schools or jobs in your life, it must be a great view from up on your high horse.

Bailing with 3 games left if that is truly the case...regardless of reason...is what it is.  Put lipstick on to make it pretty if you want.............

If a player wants to stop playing FB or transfer out after the season I have no problem with that.

First - no one knows if its true.  Second - no one here knows the situation; health, grades, what coaches have told them, family situations, etc.  I'm just saying its pathetic for people your age to instantly jump to the lack of character, failure in life stance for these KIDS.

And no, switching does equal quitting.  You don't leave a school or job and go to a new one without without switching\quitting the previous one.  Kids leave school all the time during the semester for a variety of reasons.  People leave jobs to take better jobs or better fits for them all the time too.  Many of them don't end up in their parents basements but go ahead and believe that if it makes you feel superior.

Tell us, have you ever left one school for another??  have you ever quit one job to take another at some point in your life?   quitter??? 

from SFI this morning             

oskie says: November 5, 2014 at 8:34 am

If a twitter account is accurate, Dev Ferguson is one of them. Our other guess is Casey Young. Young was in a logjam at WR and never beat out anybody ahead of him. We have no idea why Ferguson would quit but to each his own. He is a talented player but had trouble staying on the field. - See more at: http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2014/10/31/week-9-preview-6-eastern-washington-eagles/#comments