SiouxSports.com Forum

The Betty Needs a Video Board (or two)

niouxsiouxfan

Hard to satisfy people these days...

My first sentence...I think it looks fine...

Satisfied? Sure. Could they have done more? Sure. Not sure where I'm so hard to please. And yes, I was referring to the symmetry of the arena name, saying they aren't even with each other, meaning the spacing from mid court. If that's being nitpicky, fine, but I don't think it's completely out there to comment on it.

Hard to satisfy people these days...

My first sentence...I think it looks fine...

Satisfied? Sure. Could they have done more? Sure. Not sure where I'm so hard to please. And yes, I was referring to the symmetry of the arena name, saying they aren't even with each other, meaning the spacing from mid court. If that's being nitpicky, fine, but I don't think it's completely out there to comment on it.

Now that you point it out. It does look a little strange.

What if they updated the Ralph with the new Pepsi Center style scoreboard and moved part or all of the "old" scoreboard over to the Betty? I have only been in the Betty once or twice so I'm not sure what kind of space constraints would have to be taken into account. This would allow the Ralph to keep up with the current arena trends while providing some much needed technology to the Betty.

I am pretty sure they just replaced the video boards in REA just two seasons ago, due to a fire.  I doubt they will be replacing those in the near future.

• 3 months later...

I find it odd that he picked bison magazine to break that information too. As for the gobc being unaware of it, you must've been behind the 8 ball again.

I think the news has been out there a while, though I admit this is the first I've seen it in print.

Also probably a fair assumption that despite what most of us think (myself included), a couple of video boards isn't exactly "breaking" type news.

Great news about the video boards!  Now just need to put in permanent seating in the North end and the Sioux Center will be a first class facility, as if it already isn't.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  Sometimes I think it is against the Forum Terms & Rules to go more than a few weeks without criticizing UND's ridiculously lavish facilities.  :wink:

Great news about the video boards!  Now just need to put in permanent seating in the North end and the Sioux Center will be a first class facility, as if it already isn't.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  Sometimes I think it is against the Forum Terms & Rules to go more than a few weeks without criticizing UND's ridiculously lavish facilities.  :wink:

But it doesn't have beer dispensers at every seat and a retractable roof.  If we don't get those, we might as well just go NAIA!  We'd be lucky if they'd accept us with our crap facilities and athletic department.  Fire Faison until we get them!  :D

Edited by southpaw

But it doesn't have beer dispensers at every seat and a retractable roof.  If we don't get those, we might as well just go NAIA!  We'd be lucky if they'd accept us with our crap facilities and athletic department.  Fire Faison until we get them!  :D

Could be worse.  We could have wood bleachers in our "new" remodeled arena!! :)

• Upvote 2

Speaking of beer dispensers at least tonight at volleyball they had a Coors Light and a Banquet choice.

Speaking of beer dispensers at least tonight at volleyball they had a Coors Light and a Banquet choice.

did you see the news we might be able to have almost all the beer selection you'd want InBev the parent company of Budweiser has made an unsolicited offer to buy SABMiller a holder in the Miller Coors corporation. 

• 2 weeks later...