SiouxSports.com Forum

The Betty Needs a Video Board (or two)

niouxsiouxfan

16 hours ago, southpaw said:

I love it when people preface a statement by saying "not to bitch" or "not complaining" and then they do just that.

FYI, they're supposed to look like giant flat screens.  They're LED boards.  What did you expect?

You haven't even seen the boards with any video on them and the first comments are all negative.  No wonder Jayson stopped coming on here... 

he aint got the time...hak still hasn't sold his house on vineyard and there is a lot of grass to mow

• Upvote 4

On 5/24/2016 at 10:24 PM, Cratter said:

Part of the scoreboard maybe, but the sides look like "clips" guessing (wondering) if they'll put up back lit ads on the sides.

(in my opinion it looks a little "unfinished"...not complaining...much better than "nothing".....sorta like the BSA remodel....of which all seats in the lower bowl are "portable bleachers" ("What's that squeaking noise? Its the plywood you're walking on"..). although they did announce they will now not be reusing the old seats in the one half of the upper only permanent section...hope Bison fans love the color gray as they were too poor to pay for any other color in the whole building...et al! They'll love it due to their low expectations and being used to the old BSA but all that $$ for a fugly remodel...but hey "we got a nice scoreboard" :lol:?)

I think they will but some advertising on each side of the boards.  Makes sense.  Got to pay for them somehow!!  

These video boards are something that has been missing and fans have been asking to have for years!!  Instant replays at UND basketball games.  Just let that idea sink in!!  Great time for UND basketball and volleyball!!

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I think they will but some advertising on each side of the boards.  Makes sense.  Got to pay for them somehow!!  

These video boards are something that has been missing and fans have been asking to have for years!!  Instant replays at UND basketball games.  Just let that idea sink in!!  Great time for UND basketball and volleyball!!

If 95% of it ends up being advertising, then I think the businesses that advertise there should have to pay for 95% of the cost of putting it up.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If 95% of it ends up being advertising, then I think the businesses that advertise there should have to pay for 95% of the cost of putting it up.

The REA paid the majority if not all of the cost to have them installed. Advertising dollars would be split between the REA and UND per their pre-existing agreement.

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Talking about adding them on the sides (and or bottom) like the Alerus. Not necessarily on the actual video area...since naturally that's the area the eyes will be.

But of course I'm sure there will be some ads either stationary or intermittent also on the actual boards.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looking at this pic with a person (Carson Shanks??) in the lower corner, the size of the video board looks pretty good.  I recommend clicking to view full screen.

Loving the positive comments from all those "fans" who were upset at the initial pictures.  Apparently waiting until something is fully installed and includes video doesn't make headlines around here.

9 hours ago, southpaw said:

Loving the positive comments from all those "fans" who were upset at the initial pictures.  Apparently waiting until something is fully installed and includes video doesn't make headlines around here.

Are you being sarcastic due to the lack of positive comments on the newest picture?

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Are you being sarcastic due to the lack of positive comments on the newest picture?

Yup.  When one photo of the boards being installed was posted, there were a number of posters who came on to complain about how they looked.  Now that we've seen a picture with video on it... and it looks nice, you've got the lone post.

7 hours ago, southpaw said:

Yup.  When one photo of the boards being installed was posted, there were a number of posters who came on to complain about how they looked.  Now that we've seen a picture with video on it... and it looks nice, you've got the lone post.

Me and GDPritch?

And my "complain" was:

The sides looks like "clips" guessing (wondering) if they'll put up back lit ads on the sides.

(in my opinion it looks a little "unfinished")

Seeing it with a "video on it" now doesn't really make it look any different (in fact looks the exact same), but I guess to answer my "complaint" question. There will be no side ads it appears and the "Clips" are just mounting brackets for the board. 

When I hung my TV I buried the cords in the wall so it looked a little more "finished." If someone came over before and said, "I'm not complaining but those cords hanging down the wall make it looked unfinished." I would have said, "Yeah you're right." 

No wonder Jayson stopped coming on here... 

....and then I would have punched him or her in the face and said you're not longer welcome here ungrateful lil shet!!:whistling:

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2016 at 0:35 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Anyone know if they are putting in a new score/stats board as well, or will the video boards switch between showing the score/stats and replays?

New President and former little league hoops coach Mark Kennedy talks to UND Little Hoopers campers Tuesday

CoS_mgQUEAAWOen.jpg

Looking at this tweet, apparently they put up some score boards.  Assuming there is one on the opposite side as well.  It would've been nice to have them just shift the entire old score/stat boards around so we can still see the individual players points, fouls, etc. but maybe it would've interfered with sight lines or the practice hoops.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

for comparison sake...how big is the video board at the betty in relation to all these new digital advertising boards popping up around town here in gf/egf?

I think billboards are something like 15'x50' and the new boards in the Betty is 10'x20'. Your perspective is also warped as well...A billboard is 100-150' in the air and the boards in the betty are only going to be 30 or so feet from the ground.

*most measures are approximate. I did not put that much effort into this answer.

12 hours ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

I think billboards are something like 15'x50' and the new boards in the Betty is 10'x20'. Your perspective is also warped as well...A billboard is 100-150' in the air and the boards in the betty are only going to be 30 or so feet from the ground.

*most measures are approximate. I did not put that much effort into this answer.

I would guess that the quality of picture coming out of the two isn't the same either. The boards in the Betty have 6mm spacing, which is pretty tight and will make for a very high quality picture. That isn't necessary for roadside billboards.

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I've seen em. They are plenty big. Used correctly, will greatly enhance game experience. 

Unbelievable isn't it?  Went from nothing to brand new screens and people need to question the size of them.  

The place seats 3,000 people, they are plenty big.