SiouxSports.com Forum

The Betty Needs a Video Board (or two)

niouxsiouxfan

Per Tom Miller:

"The Ralph Engelstad Arena’s Twitter account posted a photo Wednesday of UND’s Betty Engelstad Sioux Center and the current scoreboards coming down.   The scoreboards will be replaced with video boards, made by LED Daktronics. The estimated $600,000 project, shared by the REA and UND, is expected to be ready by fall. The video boards are expected to be 20 feet wide and 10 feet tall.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i look at that nice little video board and wonder what phil jackson does with all his money...

What do you do with yours?

I look at it and think...  I'm hungry for sushi, or steak.  I also want a beer and a new job.  And that AT&T wireless brunette to wear a Sioux jersey.  Only.  a Sioux jersey.  I would buy like ten phones then, and international roaming.   Hell yeah.

Wha?  Oh, yeah.  Video board.  Yup.  I like it.

Taz

8 hours ago, Taz Boy said:

I look at it and think...  I'm hungry for sushi, or steak.  I also want a beer and a new job.  And that AT&T wireless brunette to wear a Sioux jersey.  Only.  a Sioux jersey.  I would buy like ten phones then, and international roaming.   Hell yeah.

Taz

You forgot "a winning Powerball ticket" in your lists of wants. 

PS - Just for you ... "Lily". ;)

12 hours ago, Taz Boy said:

Taz

buy t-shirts at 35 dollars a pop with phil jacksons face on it...0005434302_10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Part of the scoreboard maybe, but the sides look like "clips" guessing (wondering) if they'll put up back lit ads on the sides.

(in my opinion it looks a little "unfinished"...not complaining...much better than "nothing".....sorta like the BSA remodel....of which all seats in the lower bowl are "portable bleachers" ("What's that squeaking noise? Its the plywood you're walking on"..). although they did announce they will now not be reusing the old seats in the one half of the upper only permanent section...hope Bison fans love the color gray as they were too poor to pay for any other color in the whole building...et al! They'll love it due to their low expectations and being used to the old BSA but all that $$ for a fugly remodel...but hey "we got a nice scoreboard" :lol:?)

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:15 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i look at that nice little video board and wonder what phil jackson does with all his money...

Not to bitch but they look like giant flat screen tvs...that's it?  Better than nothing I guess.

I love it when people preface a statement by saying "not to bitch" or "not complaining" and then they do just that.

FYI, they're supposed to look like giant flat screens.  They're LED boards.  What did you expect?

You haven't even seen the boards with any video on them and the first comments are all negative.  No wonder Jayson stopped coming on here... 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1