SiouxSports.com Forum

What a difference ...

The Sicatoka

UND's D has played awesome!  I do believe UND should have won both games vs the Montana schools.  Any sort of offense (which seems to be improving), get rid of errors, and UND wins both of those games.  (I won't even mention the officials, but we all know there were some key calls on Saturday)  Crazy to think that. 

I am actually excited to watch our defense whereas the past couple of years I was genuinely worried when our defense took the field. The offense obviously has some work to do but the problems seem to be the types that can be fixed. 

I do not want to get ahead of ourselves so win this Saturday and proceed from there.

Good post Sic.

I'm not giving up on this year or next, but I am really excited for year three if this coaching staff can stay together. 

Their ability to both recruit and coach at this level is obvious.  Let some of the young talent grow in the system and get some more talent recruited in. 

I am actually excited to watch our defense whereas the past couple of years I was genuinely worried when our defense took the field. The offense obviously has some work to do but the problems seem to be the types that can be fixed. 

I do not want to get ahead of ourselves so win this Saturday and proceed from there.

Good post Sic.

I seem to recall games where the other team didn't have to punt, or did so only after they called off the dogs.  Quite a change to be playing for field position all the time instead of having to score every time to follow suit.

I'm so proud to wear my UND hat and jacket. This team has the talent and coaching to be the best in the Big Sky. Like statement above Don't lost focus and play ever down with heart, whether it's practice, film room or game.

Amazing how much this team has changed in one season. Best players are now playing and the coaching is much improved. To top it off, the recruiting is much better too. Don't know if Mussman was that bad or if Bubba is that good, but it may be a combination of both.

Go UND!

• Upvote 3

Like to hear it.

The cultural change has been overwhelming positive, first among the players and then the fans.

I think Bubba has done wonders with what he was dealt...Muss couldn't have left this program in a bigger mess than he did.  Muss was in way over his head from day 1 as head coach. He couldn't have sent packing soon enough IMO.  Plus Bubba has the blessing of the GOBC!

I think Bubba has done wonders with what he was dealt...Muss couldn't have left this program in a bigger mess than he did. Muss was in way over his head from day 1 as head coach. He couldn't have sent packing soon enough IMO. Plus Bubba has the blessing of the GOBC!

Nice post, I agree!

I also think it helps being Bubbas second head coaching position. You get to reflect back on your first experiences and think about things you could have done differently.

Agree but did anyone else ever get the sense that watching Muss coach would be similar to watching an OB-GYN doctor trying to perform a vasectomy?   He just looked completely uncomfortable all the time.

Agree but did anyone else ever get the sense that watching Muss coach would be similar to watching an OB-GYN doctor trying to perform a vasectomy?   He just looked completely uncomfortable all the time.

I've never thought about anything, but there's a high probability I overuse it now.

And the amazing thing is Bubba is having this type of success (defensively mostly) with Mussman's guys. Can't wait till his guys get plugged into his sytem. Things are looking promising to say the least.

Both the offense and defense are largely juniors and sophomores. As soon as next year some real good things may be happening...

Things I heard, said, and believed up until 2 weeks ago:

Our D-line is too small to get enough pressure for the 3 - 4 to work.

We will be hard pressed to win another game all year.

There isn't enough talent on this team to win at the FCS level.  We have players who wouldn't have played at the D2 level for UND 10 years ago.

We won't be competitive for 2-3 years.

There is still a lot of work to be done, but I feel good about the direction this team is heading in.  I gotta believe recruiting just got a whole lot easier for Bubba and crew.