SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

I enjoy jokes at the expense of the AC as much as anyone, but what I don't find quite as funny is the thought of our guy Muss recruiting "toe to toe" with Bohl. Having this ESPN infomercial to push demand is downright frightening.

bohl is as good as gone after this year...and maybe muss too....when und and the ndac are equal footing und always wins...the farther we get away from the transition the better....i hope the ndac enjoys this but it isn't going to last...

I enjoy jokes at the expense of the AC as much as anyone, but what I don't find quite as funny is the thought of our guy Muss recruiting "toe to toe" with Bohl. Having this ESPN infomercial to push demand is downright frightening.

Why even bother trying anymore?

i hope someone has all this recorded and a little bit of time to log how many times "ndsu" or "und" and/or "ndsu football" or "und hockey" was said on gameday tonite and tomorrow..?

something tells me this king will not like UND eating crumbs from his table.

Agree - Criticise the Bison if you want (and I can't stand them) but if you watch how they act during a game they're all business and they take care of business. Contrast that to our sideline deportment when we are getting the ball figuratively rammed up our butts in every way by Montana and you have to wonder which team has a lack of impulse control and discipline. I have never been so disgusted at a Sioux team's behavior as I was last Saturday.

If I understood correctly... I think what he has saying was that when the teams were evenly matched on paper the head-to-head matchups were mostly won by UND. The only time NDSU was able to win the Nickel Trophy game year-in and year-out was during a period of time when UND was a middle of the pack team in the NCC. So, basically in years when the Bison had a great team and the Sioux had a mediocre team the Bison would win. In years when both teams were good the Sioux would win.

Is that what you were saying, SIOUXFAN97?

i'm saying that it all sports...after we beat the ndac in fb in 2003 with everything else going on at UND (rea), the ndac decided to take their fball and go home...unlike the ndac und had a SECOND d1 program to fund and grow so at the time it wasn't right to go d1 in everything else...with as much money at the rea is making for the entire athletic department and the crumbling of d2 around us we decided it was time to jump up...ndac had a five year head start on us but for most if all sports we have caught and if not passed the ndac like that five year head start they had never even happened....

If I understood correctly... I think what he has saying was that when the teams were evenly matched on paper the head-to-head matchups were mostly won by UND. The only time NDSU was able to win the Nickel Trophy game year-in and year-out was during a period of time when UND was a middle of the pack team in the NCC. So, basically in years when the Bison had a great team and the Sioux had a mediocre team the Bison would win. In years when both teams were good the Sioux would win.

Is that what you were saying, SIOUXFAN97?

Actually David the records don't exactly tell the whole story. NDSU wasn't even close to being evenly matched with UND until the early 60's. NDSU was half the size and had half the budget that UND had. Once NDSU became funded and developed as a university did the two schools become evenly matched.

UND fans have a hard time understanding that before the 60's UND had the lions share of the attention and support from the state. NDAC was just an after thought scrambling for the table scraps.

If those all time records against NDSU makes you all warm and fuzzy inside about UND right now then keep staring at them. It obviously helps Wayne Nelson...Haha. Fact is that the majority of those wins were against a small ag college with hardly a pot to piss in back before most of us were even born.

Actually David the records don't exactly tell the whole story. NDSU wasn't even close to being evenly matched with UND until the early 60's. NDSU was half the size and had half the budget that UND had. Once NDSU became funded and developed as a university did the two schools become evenly matched.

UND fans have a hard time understanding that before the 60's UND had the lions share of the attention and support from the state. NDAC was just an after thought scrambling for the table scraps.

If those all time records against NDSU makes you all warm and fuzzy inside about UND right now then keep staring at them. It obviously helps Wayne Nelson...Haha. Fact is that the majority of those wins were against a small ag college with hardly a pot to piss in back before most of us were even born.

it that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside thats fine...okay let's live in the here and now

fb-ndac

mens bball-und

womens bball-und

volleyball-und

soccer-und

baseball---seems like a toss up but speaking of even footing...und finally has a home for baseball and in fact a really nice home in the wac

and before you starting talking about all the summit league championships in track and golf and cross country...its still the summit league!

it that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside thats fine...okay let's live in the here and now

fb-ndac

mens bball-und

womens bball-und

volleyball-und

soccer-und

baseball---seems like a toss up but speaking of even footing...und finally has a home for baseball and in fact a really nice home in the wac

and before you starting talking about all the summit league championships in track and golf and cross country...its still the summit league!

I'm intrigued by your take on men's hoops...

I'm intrigued by your take on men's hoops...

pretty simple...more talent on und's team than the ndac's team...advantage und

plus the equal footing thing...if und was still looking for a full time conference and had the nickname stuff hanging over us a guy like quinton hooker would be wearing green and piss yellow instead of green and black....

pretty simple...more talent on und's team than the ndac's team...advantage und

plus the equal footing thing...if und was still looking for a full time conference and had the nickname stuff hanging over us a guy like quinton hooker would be wearing green and piss yellow instead of green and black....

Quinton's the real deal no question 'bout that.

This is a big day for NDSU, Fargo, ND and the FCS. Too many times in today's society "we" (generally speaking) get rewarded and praised for mediocrity...not in this case. Well deserved by NDSU!

Least Muss had the recruiting chips of the "Nickle" and the Red Pepper out on the recruiting trail last night. :(

Good points. The terms class and Bison fans are rarely used in the same sentence. I think there is a very real possiblity you'll hear that chant Saturday morning on TV. Will be interesting to watch...

Per McFeeley first Sioux Suck S**t chant was at 6:05 this morning when a UND fan entered the pit. Reading that made me think of this thread.