SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

I think back to back FCS Championships have made the Bison forget about UND. Let alone make them chant anything about UND during the broadcast. And hopefully College Gameday doesn't talk about UND or see that great old video produced many years ago about the rivalry. I think the story line should be how NDSU will be stuck to medicracy (FCS) with only a 18,000 seat stadium and how they really need to work on building a 35,000 seat stadium and move to FBS.

If football is Ndsus biggest sport and Fargo is three times larger than Grand Forks and UND football averages about 10,000....

Gameday is there for the whole FCS, not just NDSU only even though FU fans missed that part during the announcement with their rant about seeing UND jerseys.

elaborate

A team playing in a larger city doesn't need a proportionally larger stadium. UND is within an hour of Fargo. Has as many students, and more alums and is one of two major universities in the state. Just because Fargo is bigger doesn't mean NDSU should be able to average 3 times as many people as UND. I guess the mighty Minnesota Golden Gophers and Northwestern Wildcats should average more than basically everyone in the B1G with that thinking.

Gameday is there for the whole FCS, not just NDSU only even though FU fans missed that part during the announcement with their rant about seeing UND jerseys.

Don't kid yourself. If NDSU hadn't beat K-State, college gameday is probably in Utah for the Holy War.

A team playing in a larger city doesn't need a proportionally larger stadium. UND is within an hour of Fargo. Has as many students, and more alums and is one of two major universities in the state. Just because Fargo is bigger doesn't mean NDSU should be able to average 3 times as many people as UND. I guess the mighty Minnesota Golden Gophers and Northwestern Wildcats should average more than basically everyone in the B1G with that thinking.

Don't kid yourself. If NDSU hadn't beat K-State, college gameday is probably in Utah for the Holy War.

ESPN Gameday wasn't at App St after they beat Michigan don't puff your chest out too much.

• Upvote 1

ESPN Gameday wasn't at App St after they beat Michigan don't puff your chest out too much.

Don't know that they had a bad week of FBS matchups like this one. No top 25 matchups this week. Only a couple games to get excited about:

Utah/BYU

Notre Dame/Michigan St. (Megaphone Game)

Sure there are exceptions johnnyboy. You think the gophers would be in the Big Ten if it was located in Roseau? You think NDSU could join the Big Ten being located in Fargo? It's not rocket science to know that a college in a larger population base area has a greater chance to average higher crowds! But that wasn't the point of my post. Thanks for the thread drift!

The real issue is NDSU is small time for even NDSU standards. The stadium is small. They could be averaging way more people 30,000 easy right now. Wyoming had Nebraska coming to their house...how many tickets do you think NDSU could sell when college Gameday came to Fargo to broadcast that game?!?

Point is all this popularity will be lost without a new stadium and NDSU only has one place to go and that's DOWN.

Don't know that they had a bad week of FBS matchups like this one. No top 25 matchups this week. Only a couple games to get excited about:

Utah/BYU

It seems someone else agrees with you...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9685270/woe-college-football-week

But the reason GameDay is going to Fargo is that there isn't a compelling game in the other 49 states.

Regardless...it should be a memorable day for the FU faithful. Enjoy.

2007: Amherst at Williams

"The Biggest Little Game in America," not far from ESPN. Neat.

Sure there are exceptions johnnyboy. You think the gophers would be in the Big Ten if it was located in Roseau? You think NDSU could join the Big Ten being located in Fargo? It's not rocket science to know that a college in a larger population base area has a greater chance to average higher crowds! But that wasn't the point of my post. Thanks for the thread drift!

The real issue is NDSU is small time for even NDSU standards. The stadium is small. They could be averaging way more people 30,000 easy right now. Wyoming had Nebraska coming to their house...how many tickets do you think NDSU could sell when college Gameday came to Fargo to broadcast that game?!?

Point is all this popularity will be lost without a new stadium and NDSU only has one place to go and that's DOWN.

Are you comparing Roseau to Grand Forks? And of course they can average higher crowds. UND is drawing from the same general pool as NDSU for people to go to the games. Probably an hour and a half from my house in north Fargo to the Alerus parking lot....if I stop for gas on my way out of Fargo.

Disagree. I don't think we'd get 30,000 average. I think we'd push 30,000 for homecoming and UNI. The others, probably not.

Montana averages over 25,000 in their stadium and Missoula is a little bigger than Grand Forks (66,788) with a metro of (110,977) Fargo has 105,000 and a metro of 212,000. Too bad there is no money for a new dome since they can't afford to complete the SHAC.

To only have one place to go means that you made it to the top. Maybe someday you'll have to worry about that but I wouldn't suggest holding your breathe (unless of course your name is Darryl or Duker) ;)

"The Biggest Little Game in America," not far from ESPN. Neat.

Are you comparing Roseau to Grand Forks? And of course they can average higher crowds. UND is drawing from the same general pool as NDSU for people to go to the games. Probably an hour and a half from my house in north Fargo to the Alerus parking lot....if I stop for gas on my way out of Fargo.

Disagree. I don't think we'd get 30,000 average. I think we'd push 30,000 for homecoming and UNI. The others, probably not.

And a game against UND? :whistling:

To only have one place to go means that you made it to the top. Maybe someday you'll have to worry about that but I wouldn't suggest holding your breathe (unless of course your name is Darryl or Duker) ;)

I was talking about NDSU sorry I'm not trying to bash UND. NDSU is at the top of the small fish. They should be proud but they could be so much more and it's sad watching them not wanna go from good to great.

The point is johnboy missed you are no longer playing UNI when you have a 30,000 seat stadium. You are playing the Cornhuskers in Fargo!. (like when Nebraska traveled to Wyoming or the gophers traveled to unlv)

Nebraska might come in a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 if we were FBS. How would you propose NDSU go to FBS right now? Athletic budget would go up stupid amounts.

Nebraska might come in a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 if we were FBS. How would you propose NDSU go to FBS right now? Athletic budget would go up stupid amounts.

That's the problem. They need a new stadium. Is there a Better time to go to the voters of Fargo than this time? FBS or not sooner or later everyone needs a new stadium and the Fargodome is actually getting up there in age.

That's the problem. They need a new stadium. Is there a Better time to go to the voters of Fargo than this time? FBS or not sooner or later everyone needs a new stadium and the Fargodome is actually getting up there in age.

It is only 20 years old. It is a good venue for football. Maybe in 10-15 more years.

Groan. Have you seen Notre Dame and Michigan State play the past few weeks? This game will be a slog-fest of punts or else it'll be a 47-44 game. MSU's offense can't score a TD to save its life and Notre Dame's defense apparently needs to wake up the echoes of dead internet girlfriends to stop somebody...

Us voters don't like taxes so a new stadium won't be automatic especially with Faego's ongoing flood problem and diversion talk.