SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

I had SU buddies pissed last night that ONLY about 30% of the Gameday broadcast was focused on their team and program!

I have news for NDSU fans...even though GameDay might be in Ann Arbor or Athens GA, the entire show isn't devoted to only that particular game. The UCLA story about what that team went through last weekend was especially good. The entire show couldn't be devoted to the proper way to pronounce 'Bison,' even though that piece with Tom Rinaldi was humorous.

Like I said, they were honoring all of FCS. Your little friend was trying to question the rights of UND fans to show up at the show. UND fans had just as much right to show up as anyone. NDSUAAS was the main focus, but they were not the sole reason for ESPN deciding to honor FCS.

Someone wearing rings that he won as a part of the team makes sense. Someone wearing replica championship rings is something totally different.

Not questioning the right for UND fans to show up, just saying they have no right to cry about somebody saying or chanting something about the Sioux if they do.

Not questioning the right for UND fans to show up, just saying they have no right to cry about somebody saying or chanting something about the Sioux if they do.

Boo'ing the mentioning of 'Fighting Sioux' is one thing...you must live in a cave though if you haven't heard by now that some people aren't fond of the 'Sioux suck!' chant.

I"ll wear my Sioux hockey jersey and chant "Let's go Sioux" where ever the Hell I want. Graduates of the school of home economics at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences can wear their pee yellow tshirts and say whatever the Hell they want.

It's a free country, son. If you don't like it, leave it.

NDSUAAS fans keep telling us that they don't care about UND any more. They keep saying that the rivalry doesn't exist any more. Yet they keep showing up here, and continue to chant things about UND. Seems to be a major contradiction.
  • Upvote 3

NDSUAAS fans keep telling us that they don't care about UND any more. They keep saying that the rivalry doesn't exist any more. Yet they keep showing up here, and continue to chant things about UND. Seems to be a major contradiction.

Kinda like Mariucci over on the hockey thread...

• Upvote 1

Why do you say that doesn't make sense? This is why I think it does make sense...

During the 1981-1992 era when every Sioux/Bison game was won by NDSU it was a mismatch on paper. We all pretty much knew every year but the last two that they were not only going to win but win big. It was no contest as the teams were not at the same talent level, and most of those games were for all intents and purposes over by halftime. But during the 1993-2003 era when the Sioux won 10 of 13 the teams were pretty evenly matched on paper. It was hard to predict who would win, the games were usually very close. More often than not the outcome was in doubt well into the 4th quarter, and yet somehow UND usually found a way to close the deal. Therefore, "when the teams are on equal footing UND almost always wins"... or whatever the original quote was.

They've always been on "equal footing" when they've played. You do not get to look back and say, well Behrns didn't do well so they weren't on "equal footing". Neither does ndsu. They like to blame scholarship reductions for a lot. Fact is, every time they've taken the field they've been on equal footing. More often than not, UND coaches and players have performed better.

This "equal footing" stuff is bull s**t.

No they don't....

This thread is a great read!!!!! Full of envious UND fans crying like a gut shot wolf.....LMAO!

Ohh wait....they do....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412996/group/Sports/ I don't think this has been posted yet but the last paragraph is pretty encouraging: “We’ll make it a yearly stop if everything falls into place,” Fitting said. “North Dakota State will not fall off our radar. Again, one of the all-time best spots.”

Apparently the ESPN producer made the comment that they will be back in Fargo. Did you hear the comment that NDSU is the state's football team and that UND is the state's hockey team.

That is a fair statement at this point of both programs.

Boo'ing the mentioning of 'Fighting Sioux' is one thing...you must live in a cave though if you haven't heard by now that some people aren't fond of the 'Sioux suck!' chant.

Listen to your friend Hayduke, anyone can say whatever they want wherever and whenever they want to, and that includes "Sioux S...).

Apparently the ESPN producer made the comment that they will be back in Fargo. Did you hear the comment that NDSU is the state's football team and that UND is the state's hockey team.

Hey, maybe ESPN will come to Grand Forks for "College Hockey Gameday"? I think that is the two minute pregame show before the National Championship game.