SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

This show could either go very good for Fargo and NDSU...or very bad. I am cringing at the thought of Bison fans chanting SIOUX SUCK on live TV...and the chatter afterward about how racist UND is responsible for their bad behavior.

I agree. If the media points out bad things UND will get blamed whether they are part of it or not, just like on BV a Bison fan said a UND fan will probably start the SIoux Suck chant. I am sure there will be Bison fans mocking anyone with a different jersey whether it's UND or Montana St. I guess we will find out.

This show could either go very good for Fargo and NDSU...or very bad. I am cringing at the thought of Bison fans chanting SIOUX SUCK on live TV...and the chatter afterward about how racist UND is responsible for their bad behavior.

Good points. The terms class and Bison fans are rarely used in the same sentence. I think there is a very real possiblity you'll hear that chant Saturday morning on TV. Will be interesting to watch...

Good points. The terms class and Bison fans are rarely used in the same sentence. I think there is a very real possiblity you'll hear that chant Saturday morning on TV. Will be interesting to watch...

Only your fan base thinks that. Oh hell everybody else is wrong I guess. I wonder why the B1G doesn't want to schedule you in anything?

Only your fan base thinks that. Oh hell everybody else is wrong I guess. I wonder why the B1G doesn't want to schedule you in anything?

You don't think NDSU has one of the more annoying, front-running fanbases in FCS? Have you been on other boards and read their thoughts?

• Upvote 3

Yes, you are right.

The fan base of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science is pure as the driven snow.

Well, yellow snow anyway...

Has there ever been a gameday which has gone "very bad"? If so, I don't recall and neither does google. It may not go how ndsu fans/admin exactly want it to go, heck-I'd say they are already at that point-but from espn's perspective, I'm sure it will be just another stop.

I'll have plenty of SU buddies there to get honest info from...you wanna make a wager at some point "Sioux Suck" will be said/heard??

I'll have plenty of SU buddies there to get honest info from...you wanna make a wager at some point "Sioux Suck" will be said/heard??

People have gotten way too thin skinned about this. I've always felt if you get offended by an opponent saying you suck, you've got the wrong nickname.

People have gotten way too thin skinned about this. I've always felt if you get offended by an opponent saying you suck, you've got the wrong nickname.

I'm not offended...heck it's not even our nickname anymore so I guess we don't need to have a converstion of right or wrong in this instance. Point is SU fans won't let it go and it probably come up at some point Saturday.

Exactly. Who cares if the Bison faithful chant this. Both sides are making way too big a deal of it. We are rivals, no matter how hard some try to disprove the idea. We are two similar schools located 70 miles apart. Like or not, we will always be rivals and fans will come up with disparaging chants about each other. It's no different than any other rivalry in the country. In fact, it's more tame than many of the bigger rivalries at the big schools. Until we get a new name and Bison fans stop being lazy and get creative to come up with a new chant, the Sioux ____ chant will not go away...even then, it will still be heard...

Has there ever been a gameday which has gone "very bad"?

Funny you should ask, Matt...

TGkuAG2.png

http://www.sportingn...an-game-suicide

However, there is WAY more to this story than you think...after this fan was ripped online and Michigan fans in general were called out, this particular fan decided to explain the sign...

http://deadspin.com/...eday-1271410289

I'm not offended...heck it's not even our nickname anymore so I guess we don't need to have a converstion of right or wrong in this instance. Point is SU fans won't let it go and it probably come up at some point Saturday.

I don't like it, but let's face it - the Bison have earned the right to have a little swagger right now. It's part of my frustration with the Sioux program as it stands.

Illinois. Full list of past locations here. Future members Maryland and Rutgers have never hosted as well.

Thanks for the link, looks like they hit the FCS every 5 years, so fans enjoy this, 2018 is a long ways out, and who knows what the college football landscape will look like.

...but let's face it - the Bison have earned the right to have a little swagger right now. It's part of my frustration with the Sioux program as it stands.

Agree...just don't appreciate those like Bison Dan showing up here saying it won't happen cuase my money says otherwise.

I think back to back FCS Championships have made the Bison forget about UND. Let alone make them chant anything about UND during the broadcast. And hopefully College Gameday doesn't talk about UND or see that great old video produced many years ago about the rivalry. I think the story line should be how NDSU will be stuck to medicracy (FCS) with only a 18,000 seat stadium and how they really need to work on building a 35,000 seat stadium and move to FBS.

If football is Ndsus biggest sport and Fargo is three times larger than Grand Forks and UND football averages about 10,000....

I think back to back FCS Championships have made the Bison forget about UND. Let alone make them chant anything about UND during the broadcast. And hopefully College Gameday doesn't talk about UND or see that great old video produced many years ago about the rivalry. I think the story line should be how NDSU will be stuck to medicracy (FCS) with only a 18,000 seat stadium and how they really need to work on building a 35,000 seat stadium and move to FBS.

If football is Ndsus biggest sport and Fargo is three times larger than Grand Forks and UND football averages about 10,000....

I hope this is a troll statement....cause it holds no water.