SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

Well, he did call them shirts. That's what home ec majors at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences sew.

It gives them a purpose.

UND fans wear jerseys of the team that won seven national championships at the highest level of college sports.

NDAC fans get to be tailors.

Well, if you are no longer college aged or younger, you should be wearing shirts honoring your favorite teams, not jerseys. I can't get over how stupid it looks when you have a stadium full of overweight middle aged people wearing jerseys. A UND hockey game would be the number one culprit, a Minnesota Viking game would be a close 2nd.

Well, if you are no longer college aged or younger, you should be wearing shirts honoring your favorite teams ...

Yes, but yellow t-shirts on all the "full figured" male and female Bison fans in the age demographic you mention is actually worse than jerseys. At least a jersey will cover the "curves"; those yellow t-shirts leave nothing to the imagination. <cold shiver> Pass the eye bleach please.

Yes, but yellow t-shirts on all the "full figured" male and female Bison fans in the age demographic you mention is actually worse than jerseys. At least a jersey will cover the "curves"; those yellow t-shirts leave nothing to the imagination. <cold shiver> Pass the eye bleach please.

Yes, but all ages and shapes wear t-shirts, Jerseys are worn by the athletes that play the sport, not by fans that think that maybe if I wear this jersey I will look like an athlete that could be on the ice, field, court, etc if I wanted to be.

UND fans on this thread said themselves that this appearance of Gameday is about NDSU and NOT about UND but NDSU fans wouldn't be able to keep from mentioning UND. Then why would Sioux fans show up at the event wearing Sioux gear?

Have you watched College Gameday before? What you see on fans is not exclusive to the home team in the city they are in. There have been appearances previously of UND flags and apparel. Parties must be huge after the greatest event ever in North Dakota. And you're on a UND message board. Go cry somewhere else.

Well, if you are no longer college aged or younger, you should be wearing shirts honoring your favorite teams, not jerseys. I can't get over how stupid it looks when you have a stadium full of overweight middle aged people wearing jerseys. A UND hockey game would be the number one culprit, a Minnesota Viking game would be a close 2nd.

Would you please quote the law or statute that prevents people of all ages from wearing jerseys? Perhaps you could also explain how it is legal for retail outlets to continue to sell these illegal jerseys? Or maybe you could explain why anyone would care what you think about what they choose to wear anywhere, especially to a sporting event? Get over yourself. Go ahead and keep wearing your ugly yellow tee shirts, let everyone else wear whatever you want.
  • Upvote 1

Yes, but all ages and shapes wear t-shirts, ...

If that t-shirt doesn't cover, or at least mystify, the curvy physique, don't wear it. That advice would be well heeded by too many in yellow that I witnessed today.

Now, to try to explain why hockey fans tend to wear jerseys: In by-gone days, it was cold in most rinks so the hockey sweater (as they were first called) was warmer than a standard shirt but less bulky than a jacket.

UND fans on this thread said themselves that this appearance of Gameday is about NDSU and NOT about UND but NDSU fans wouldn't be able to keep from mentioning UND. Then why would Sioux fans show up at the event wearing Sioux gear?

I'm pretty sure that ESPN said they were honoring all of FCS, not just NDSUAAS. Gameday is about college football, not just NDSUAAS football. It is national television, people are going to be interested in attending. Did you really think that people wouldn't show up to support other schools?
  • Upvote 1

GameDay said they want to come back. NDSU actually wants them to broadcast one of their games on ESPN (and not espn3 the online stuff). ESPN wants to see them play UND. So I think it's time to renew this game and get it on ESPN!

would only work if GT was able to get it written into the contract that the playing of the game only can benefit NDSU.

Why was there a OK Sooners poster?

Why was there a Washington St Flag waving?

Why was there a Notre Dame sign?

Why was there a Florida St. Noles sign?

Why was that Florida Gator fan doing the Gator Chomp?

Why? Because its a huge conspiracy between all NCAA schools to piss on NDSU's parade. You got us...

• Upvote 4

They wear replica championship rings? Anywhere? I must have missed that one.

Yeah they got them from here...

http://www.jostens.com/apps/specialty/northdakotastate/fans/productBrowse.mvc?catalogFilter=ELITE+SPORTS+HIS

I think this quote on AGS from a Bison fan says it best...

"They're both ridiculous and made for people who don't want to differentiate the field from the stands. I'm sure they'll make money off of them so more power to them. I just think it's a sad wanna-be mentality the people who buys those rings have. Sometimes there's a fine line between passion and delusion."

I'm pretty sure that ESPN said they were honoring all of FCS, not just NDSUAAS. Gameday is about college football, not just NDSUAAS football. It is national television, people are going to be interested in attending. Did you really think that people wouldn't show up to support other schools?

They honored the FCS because of what NDSU has been doing, and what EWU did....those were huge wins...and on top of it, there were a lot of FCS wins. IF K-State beats NDSU, I believe it would have been in Utah for the HOly War this week.

They wear replica championship rings? Anywhere? I must have missed that one.

He probably saw CAS' rings on the bisonvielle thread.....little does he know (assuming thats what he is referring to) CAS was apart of the 80's dynasty.

Yeah they got them from here...

http://www.jostens.c...LITE SPORTS HIS

I think this quote on AGS from a Bison fan says it best...

"They're both ridiculous and made for people who don't want to differentiate the field from the stands. I'm sure they'll make money off of them so more power to them. I just think it's a sad wanna-be mentality the people who buys those rings have. Sometimes there's a fine line between passion and delusion."

I might be able to understand buying one to put on display. It's nice to have a keepsake. Probably not something I would buy, but I don't really care how people spend their own money. But wearing one? That I don't get.

Apparently you have never been to a Green Bay Packer game...

They honored the FCS because of what NDSU has been doing, and what EWU did....those were huge wins...and on top of it, there were a lot of FCS wins. IF K-State beats NDSU, I believe it would have been in Utah for the HOly War this week.

He probably saw CAS' rings on the bisonvielle thread.....little does he know (assuming thats what he is referring to) CAS was apart of the 80's dynasty.

Like I said, they were honoring all of FCS. Your little friend was trying to question the rights of UND fans to show up at the show. UND fans had just as much right to show up as anyone. NDSUAAS was the main focus, but they were not the sole reason for ESPN deciding to honor FCS.

Someone wearing rings that he won as a part of the team makes sense. Someone wearing replica championship rings is something totally different.

Well, if you are no longer college aged or younger, you should be wearing shirts honoring your favorite teams, not jerseys. I can't get over how stupid it looks when you have an individual jumping around in an NDSU football uniform with a big Bizen head on named Thundar...

Fixed your post.

I watch ESPN's Gameday every week. I can say that I see Fighting Sioux merchandise in the background of Gameday at least once every three to four weeks. For some reason, it is really common when they are broadcasting from an SEC location. Because of the fact that I know that, my balls didn't fall off when I saw North Dakota stuff while they were broadcasting from NORTH DAKOTA..........................

By the way, hats off to the city of Fargo, and to the NDSU (a.k.a FU) athletic department. For me, it was quite awesome to see the "Mothership" broadcasting to tens of millions of homes from my own backyard.............................

NDSU and Fargo represented well............................

would only work if GT was able to get it written into the contract that the playing of the game only can benefit NDSU.

Free Slim Jim's and Skoal for all in attendance at the Dome for the game...how about that!?!? Now that's a benefit for those people.

I had SU buddies pissed last night that ONLY about 30% of the Gameday broadcast was focused on their team and program!

This just in....99.99% of college FB could care less about NDSU FB.

This pissing and moaning by some of the SU fan base is like Lakes getting a date w a Playboy Bunny then being pissed she doesn't show up in JUST a thong!!!

• Upvote 2