SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

Wrong on two counts. It's Guldseth and it's Edinburg, but let's not get bogged down in spelling...

My comment was in response to SIOUXFAN97's comment about something being a seemingly obvious choice. There are lots of factors involved and choices for some are not so obvious...

i never said choices would be seemily be obvious i just said some choices are easier when you add everything up and for a guy like quinton hooker i'm sure he see himself being the next damian lillard and i hope he is...i was just pointing out that und was at a disadvantage when compared to the ndac and sdsu...and continued during the transition and finally we are seeing the light at the end of tunnel in bball, vball, baseball, and so forth because we are on "equal footing"....

...and so forth because we are on "equal footing"....

As far as the FB programs, we are nowhere near being on "equal footing". Consecutive NCs, recent host of Gameday, a legit HC...and I could go on. UND...coming off a blowout loss to a conference opponent at home, sub .500 record overall vs. FCS teams and a HC that at best is suited to be a coordinator.

As far as the FB programs, we are nowhere near being on "equal footing". Consecutive NCs, recent host of Gameday, a legit HC...and I could go on. UND...coming off a blowout loss to a conference opponent at home, sub .500 record overall vs. FCS teams and a HC that at best is suited to be a coordinator.

the equal footing quote just means that und has no more excuses for not competing at a high level at the d1 level...it wasn't meant to mean we are ahead of the ndac in all sports (yet)...as far as the fb team is concerned if faison wants to fire muss and pay his replacement 300,000 dollars a year he can if he wants...some of the recent games the fb has played in have been absolute embarressments and no doubt the ndac is way way ahead of our fb BUT enjoy it because it won't last too much longer...because we are on "equal footing"!!

• Upvote 1

So much for FBS ESPN Game Day exposure last weekend...guest picker Bubba Watson just said 'Eastern Washington is a good team...they've been in the championship in the last few years' but 'just sayin' Sam Houston State just sounds better to me.'

Way to go, Game Day crew, in correcting a total mis-statement especially since you were just in Fargo last weekend.

Wow.

So much for FBS ESPN Game Day exposure last weekend...guest picker Bubba Watson just said 'Eastern Washington is a good team...they've been in the championship in the last few years' but 'just sayin' Sam Houston State just sounds better to me.'

Way to go, Game Day crew, in correcting a total mis-statement especially since you were just in Fargo last weekend.

Wow.

I was waiting for Corso to correct him as well. You were in Fargo a week ago....talking about all the FCS success of the Bizen. I guess Bubba was one of many not watching.

• 11 months later...

No big games? I Guess Georgia at South Carolina isn't a big game same with Iowa State at Iowa, UCLA at Texas, Purdue at Notre Dame, and USC at Boston College.

South Carolina was waxed by A&M last weekend...Iowa State is 0-2...Texas was absolutely hammered at home today by BYU... Purdue lost to Central Michigan today...Boston College lost to Pitt today...kinda takes some of the luster off of those big games next weekend.

Iowa and Iowa State is a rivalry game, North Dakota State is playing a team no one has ever herd of that just moved up to D1. The UCLA at Texas is at AT&T Stadium in Dallas. The Georgia South Carolina game winner could end up winning the SEC east this season. There is Tennessee heading to Norman OK, to play Oklahoma. Illinois plays at Washington that could be a high scoring game it both team don't play defense. Penn State heads to play newcomer to the B1G Rutgers. Next week could be the end of Pelini at Nebraska if they loose at Fresno State. UCF could upset Mizzou in Colombia. Kentucky goes to take on Florida both unbeaten in the SEC east.

Iowa and Iowa State is a rivalry game, North Dakota State is playing a team no one has ever herd of that just moved up to D1. The UCLA at Texas is at AT&T Stadium in Dallas. The Georgia South Carolina game winner could end up winning the SEC east this season. There is Tennessee heading to Norman OK, to play Oklahoma. Illinois plays at Washington that could be a high scoring game it both team don't play defense. Penn State heads to play newcomer to the B1G Rutgers. Next week could be the end of Pelini at Nebraska if they loose at Fresno State. UCF could upset Mizzou in Colombia. Kentucky goes to take on Florida both unbeaten in the SEC east.

Its more about the story than the game in this scenario. The games you mention dont have what they are looking for.

Its more about the story than the game in this scenario. The games you mention dont have what they are looking for.

Exactly!  It is about the story - and one that's as old as show business itself!  It's a classic Carny and Rube story you don't get...(and that's whats MOST funny!)  

Imagine a sports network trying to CONSTANTLY stay relevant and make people tune in to a marginal "FAN" show because of the ridiculous amounts of money they make - but only if they can put "asses in the seats" so to speak...you would need some kind of gimmick every week and constantly going back to the major college FB powers week after week, year after year, gets stale...hmmm...how do we freshen up the act?

I know (some espn wonk says) WE TAKE THE CARNIVAL to smaller towns and venues!   Sure they aren't as important in the world of MAJOR college football but going there is a novelty factor.  Fargo has SHOWN they'll turn out for a college football carnival.   Just like when the real carnival rolls in - ALL THE RUBES in Fargo show up and make a big deal about it.  They buy the cotton candy!  They take a ride on the carousel!  3 darts to win a BIG PRIZE - they're all in!  Meanwhile the carnies are laughing all the way to the bank.   Sure winning a giant stuffed rabbit might make you feel like a big man for a night but in the end - what do you really have?  A GIANT stuffed rabbit:-)    ESPN Gameday is ndsu's SUPERBOWL while the carnies laugh all the way to the bank.   Carnies and rubes...carnies and rubes

• Upvote 2

Exactly! It is about the story - and one that's as old as show business itself! It's a classic Carny and Rube story you don't get...(and that's whats MOST funny!)

Imagine a sports network trying to CONSTANTLY stay relevant and make people tune in to a marginal "FAN" show because of the ridiculous amounts of money they make - but only if they can put "asses in the seats" so to speak...you would need some kind of gimmick every week and constantly going back to the major college FB powers week after week, year after year, gets stale...hmmm...how do we freshen up the act?

I know (some espn wonk says) WE TAKE THE CARNIVAL to smaller towns and venues! Sure they aren't as important in the world of MAJOR college football but going there is a novelty factor. Fargo has SHOWN they'll turn out for a college football carnival. Just like when the real carnival rolls in - ALL THE RUBES in Fargo show up and make a big deal about it. They buy the cotton candy! They take a ride on the carousel! 3 darts to win a BIG PRIZE - they're all in! Meanwhile the carnies are laughing all the way to the bank. Sure winning a giant stuffed rabbit might make you feel like a big man for a night but in the end - what do you really have? A GIANT stuffed rabbit:-) ESPN Gameday is ndsu's SUPERBOWL while the carnies laugh all the way to the bank. Carnies and rubes...carnies and rubes

Post of the year!!!