SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

The part that is the funniest about this is you believe this to be true. "The big stages" Thanks for the morning chuckle now I have to go get something to clean up the coffee I spit out laughing when I read this.

So anything below being the reigning FCS champion is considered bush league now?

You'll know you've gotten to "The Big Stages" when ESPN Gameday comes to town in consecutive years.  I don't see that happening at the Tin Shed or Elforko Grande!  Carry on with the delusional posting though it's great comedy.

You are a Grade A Certified Tool Box. And I will remember your snide comments when UND FB is King of the Big Sky Conference and is busy beating NDSU in the playoffs. And I will throw it right back in your faces. And I won't be nice about it. :devil:

Get lost troll, you have a field to harvest. :angry:

Valid points, but something to consider:  D2 cut their scholarship limit pretty drastically around that time making it harder to recruit the top tier (relatively speaking) athletes on the promise of a free education.  What happened to some degree was that the playing field got leveled a bit and a lot of quality athletes opted to attend other schools.  NDSU didn't/couldn't adapt to that.  This ended the Rocky Hager era and brought in Babich.... that took care of most of the rest of the 90's and early 2000's.

Will there be some athletes that want to come to UND/SDSU/UNI/USD/etc...  just to unseat NDSU as the champions?  Absolutely.  And a good salesman (recruiter) should be able to make that sale on occasion.  Not being in the same conference hurts your chances of that happening with semi-local recruits though.

The tired old Rocky Hager excuse.  Is this all you have? ???

While all of these are true, you left out that South Carolina absolutely flopped at against A&M and there is no highly ranked match-ups. Everything you stated would completely be overridden in a heartbeat if that was the case. And don't claim sour grapes, the article in the Forum spells out the exact same thing. Fargo has been a nice fallback for them for the second year in a row when there hasn't been a big time game.

Of course the stars had to align, but it looks like they were looking for the opportunity to come here at some point this season.

You are a Grade A Certified Tool Box. And I will remember your snide comments when UND FB is King of the Big Sky Conference and is busy beating NDSU in the playoffs. And I will throw it right back in your faces. And I won't be nice about it. :devil:

Get lost troll, you have a field to harvest. :angry:

Most of us will be dead by the time UND is the King of the Big Sky.

;)

You'll know you've gotten to "The Big Stages" when ESPN Gameday comes to town in consecutive years.  I don't see that happening at the Tin Shed or Elforko Grande!  Carry on with the delusional posting though it's great comedy.

I guess Montana, and App State never made it to the Big Stage because they never hosted a Gameday. NDSU is now one better than Penn, Florida A&M, and Williams College because they also hosted a GameDay.  Hate to tell you troll but a football program isn't measured simply because of GameDay. Enjoy your ride at the top...it does end.

• Upvote 2

Pettiness aside by a number of UND supporters here...this is really big deal for the landscape of FCS FB, NDSU and Fargo.

Yeah, it's a big deal for Fargo and NDSU.....and nobody else.  Which is why I am not jumping up and down with glee about it and neither are most of the rest of us.  Like it or not, this makes Bubba's job that much harder when he is in someone's living room trying to sell the program to a kid that probably watches ESPN 5 hours/day.  And I don't think they deserve any kudos or congratulations from me, not with the pure contempt they have for us not just as a FB program, but as an institution as a whole.  Not to single anyone out (especially you Oxbow6, since you are as desperate for a winner at the Alerus Center as I am), but there is way too much genuflecting from certain members of our fan base to the almighty FU.  The next time you are tempted to give them credit and kudos and congratulations for anything, just remember that they wouldn't give us the time of day, let alone kudos, if the situation was reversed.  So I am not giving them any kudos of any kind.  They are our hated, in-state rival and they should be treated accordingly.  And if we ever hope to turn the tables on them, we need to think and act and behave like a program that wants to be the best and that doesn't spend its time tipping its cap to everybody else.  I saw this with Grand Valley State.  I especially don't want to see it with regards to FU.  End rant.  Flame away. :angry:

Not as much as your pride will be hurting when the tables are turned and you guys are getting the business end of karma.

When they feel they can't overtake UND then they will beg for FBS invites. Then when we are both FBS and they are overtaken by UND yet again, they will beg the NFL to join the NFC North. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it's a big deal for Fargo and NDSU.....and nobody else.  Which is why I am not jumping up and down with glee about it and neither are most of the rest of us.  Like it or not, this makes Bubba's job that much harder when he is in someone's living room trying to sell the program to a kid that probably watches ESPN 5 hours/day.  And I don't think they deserve any kudos or congratulations from me, not with the pure contempt they have for us not just as a FB program, but as an institution as a whole.  Not to single anyone out (especially you Oxbow6, since you are as desperate for a winner at the Alerus Center as I am), but there is way too much genuflecting from certain members of our fan base to the almighty FU.  The next time you are tempted to give them credit and kudos and congratulations for anything, just remember that they wouldn't give us the time of day, let alone kudos, if the situation was reversed.  So I am not giving them any kudos of any kind.  They are our hated, in-state rival and they should be treated accordingly.  And if we ever hope to turn the tables on them, we need to think and act and behave like a program that wants to be the best and that doesn't spend its time tipping its cap to everybody else.  I saw this with Grand Valley State.  I especially don't want to see it with regards to FU.  End rant.  Flame away. :angry:

Exactly right. How does this help North Dakota and UND? It doesn't. It helps Fargo and NDSU. Scheels has shirts promoting GameDay is there a picture of the state of ND? Nope. A UND logo? Nope. Minot State logo? Nope. Its yellow with the Bison logo on it. This is all NDSU and no one else. I don't live to far from downtown, but I'm not going. Its just a big NDSU party broadcasted on ESPN. KVLY is having a boner over it again as they always kiss NDSU's butt.  If roles were reversed no Bison fan would be excited for ESPN being in Grand Forks. Hell they don't want to play in Grand Forks in football. Its only a win-win for NDSU fans and NDSU fans only.

• Upvote 1

Exactly right. How does this help North Dakota and UND? It doesn't. It helps Fargo and NDSU. Scheels has shirts promoting GameDay is there a picture of the state of ND? Nope. A UND logo? Nope. Minot State logo? Nope. Its yellow with the Bison logo on it. This is all NDSU and no one else. I don't live to far from downtown, but I'm not going. Its just a big NDSU party broadcasted on ESPN. KVLY is having a boner over it again as they always kiss NDSU's butt. If roles were reversed no Bison fan would be excited for ESPN being in Grand Forks.

Instead of pouting about it, why don't you come up with a witty sign and head out there on Saturday?

Every

former Sioux

chomPs down

bisoN burgers

Instead of pouting about it, why don't you come up with a witty sign and head out there on Saturday?

Every

former Sioux

chomPs down

bisoN burgers

Not going to a big event that gives national attention to our hated, in-state rival is now considered pouting? ???  I remember a time when that was considered normal behavior by a college sports fan.  But today I guess we are just expected to kiss the posteriors of our rivals.  Well, call me a rebel, but I ain't doing that.

Not going to a big event that gives national attention to our hated, in-state rival is now considered pouting? ??? I remember a time when that was considered normal behavior by a college sports fan. But today I guess we are just expected to kiss the posteriors of our rivals. Well, call me a rebel, but I ain't doing that.

Call me crazy but I have more fun being the guy in the middle of the hometown minions who is cheering for the OTHER team. Much more fun. If I was in Fargo, hell yea I'd go.