SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

I will say this:  If the Gophers win against Maryland and OSU beats Wisconsin.... the hype machine will go into massive overdrive.  They would have a 2 game lead in the West with 4 to go, and during their BYE week would be a de-facto elimination game between Wisconsin and Iowa. 

3 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

I think CBS will keep that game at 2:30 with ABC putting the UM-PSU game in the 7 pm slot.  

I'd love for another night game for the Gophers but it sounds like that probably won't happen. Apparently they were interviewing an associate AD pregame yesterday and he said they've been told it won't be a night game. If I were to guess I'd say it will be Fox's Big noon game and while it would be cool to be their focus game a 11 a.m. start wouldn't help the atmosphere at all. 

15 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I will say this:  If the Gophers win against Maryland and OSU beats Wisconsin.... the hype machine will go into massive overdrive.  They would have a 2 game lead in the West with 4 to go, and during their BYE week would be a de-facto elimination game between Wisconsin and Iowa. 

Gophers just have to take care of business against Maryland. Maryland has a ton of speed so the defense will have to really tackle well in space. Especially with the Gophers top tackler this year Kamal Martin leaving the game against Rutgers and looking like he will miss at the very least this next week. The Gophers offense has to be able to take advantage of a Terp defense that hasn't been good though. 
The Wisconsin loss was definitely a nice surprise yesterday for sure.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Gophers just have to take care of business against Maryland. Maryland has a ton of speed so the defense will have to really tackle well in space. Especially with the Gophers top tackler this year Kamal Martin leaving the game against Rutgers and looking like he will miss at the very least this next week. The Gophers offense has to be able to take advantage of a Terp defense that hasn't been good though. 
The Wisconsin loss was definitely a nice surprise yesterday for sure.

Respect the turtle.  

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Gophers boat race the Terps.

Hype machine is about to be full tilt down here.  

Now the tests come.

PJ was definitely campaigning for Gameday to head to Minneapolis in a couple weeks. I still think they will end up going to LSU/Bama but he had a good sell. 

Really fun one to watch today. Gonna be a fun build up to that huge game with Penn State. Biggest Gopher game in a long time. TCF should be rocking.

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

PJ was definitely campaigning for Gameday to head to Minneapolis in a couple weeks. I still think they will end up going to LSU/Bama but he had a good sell. 

Really fun one to watch today. Gonna be a fun build up to that huge game with Penn State. Biggest Gopher game in a long time. TCF should be rocking.

Love to see Gameday go there, but I think you're right about them going south.  However end of the year if umtc has 0 or 1 loss they play Wisconsin for Big Ten West title and oddly enough for rivalry weekend there aren't many other ranked games.  Though Michigan beating Notre Dame today may put their Ohio State game at the top on that final weekend.