SiouxSports.com Forum

Robert Morris game thread

Nodak78

Only major difference I notice is Cheatom is now in the defensive line rotation; he must have been suspended last week. Add in Shea Walker next week and increased experience for the 2 true freshmen defensive ends and the defensive line should continue improving.

As for Cheatom playing end, he'll get more playing time at that spot as both Hinojosa and Shea Walker will rotate at the nose guard spot; that is, when Walker finishes serving his suspension.

Cheatom looked better at end last year anyway.

Apparently that RMU guy never heard of "teh interwebs" ... or opposing teams having bulletin boards ... 

Or maybe he figured us here hicks in fly-over territory out in the boondocks wouldn't have heard about it yet via the pony express. I hope I don't run out of kerosene before I get the mail read tonight. If we only had that new-fangled E-lec-tric for lights like them fancy fellers out in Pittsburgh.  :silly:

• Upvote 3

Gameday/home opener tomorrow...making the trip up I-29 but was hoping I'd be more excited...................

I'm looking forward to the game just to watch this team in person, do some talegating, etc.  Not sure what to expect tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous on the injury front of who is on the field.  I know Bubba is not going to let these guys lay an egg tomorrow and I am willing to bet there is more effort on the field tomorrow than we saw last year. 

I understand the opponent is below averge but we need to use this as a stepping stone to get better.  For me, a decent measuring stick will be the following week vs. Missouri St.  They are an average MVFC team who has a history of playing pretty well at home.

Guys, we should be excited. A game under a new regime that we can really see the progress of the team.

What I like the most is the mindset these coaches have instilled in these men. As some of you may know, my son plays for UND, and I talk to him every single day.

Coaches in FCS have to work harder as do the players. In the BIG 10, for example, they don't like you or they think your not good enough, there is always someone in line just as good. These coaches actually teach. Unlike in the FBS5, they don't teach as much because you have 5 star recruits that are just animals from day 1; I.E., Jadaveon Clowney, Manziel, Hageman, etc. The top tier teams don't recruit, they reload. Also the boosters are out of control.

With that said, this coaching staff seems genuine. The are somewhat humbled because of what they got into, but, at the same time, they are excited because they feel they can make a change. The team is receptive and they work hard. I see ba!!$ on this team. Watching on tv, they did not back down. San Jose beat us because they're talent was more experienced. I say, if would've played SJSU on game 7 it's not 42-10. I'm not saying we win, but it's not a blowout. A few tackles instead of missed tackles, We could've had 2 INT's. I mean, it was just jitters and a few feet away from making major plays.

I'm looking fwd to this season. We are not going 8-3, but I feel we are not going 3-8 either.

Guys, my opinion. Glad to be a part of the SIOUX NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said.

Guys, we should be excited. A game under a new regime that we can really see the progress of the team.

What I like the most is the mindset these coaches have instilled in these men. As some of you may know, my son plays for UND, and I talk to him every single day.

Coaches in FCS have to work harder as do the players. In the BIG 10, for example, they don't like you or they think your not good enough, there is always someone in line just as good. These coaches actually teach. Unlike in the FBS5, they don't teach as much because you have 5 star recruits that are just animals from day 1; I.E., Jadaveon Clowney, Manziel, Hageman, etc. The top tier teams don't recruit, they reload. Also the boosters are out of control.

With that said, this coaching staff seems genuine. The are somewhat humbled because of what they got into, but, at the same time, they are excited because they feel they can make a change. The team is receptive and they work hard. I see ba!!$ on this team. Watching on tv, they did not back down. San Jose beat us because they're talent was more experienced. I say, if would've played SJSU on game 7 it's not 42-10. I'm not saying we win, but it's not a blowout. A few tackles instead of missed tackles, We could've had 2 INT's. I mean, it was just jitters and a few feet away from making major plays.

I'm looking fwd to this season. We are not going 8-3, but I feel we are not going 3-8 either.

I like this guy^^^^

• Upvote 1

Thank you DT94

• Upvote 1

I agree wholeheartedly.

And for the record, I certainly am excited for tomorrow's game! This team will continue to improve each and every week if Bubba is doing the things I think he and his staff are capable of. Plus, I'm excited to witness in-person Bubba lead UND football!

Looking forward to tomorrow's tailgating and game. I believe the freshman will play much better tomorrow with a game under their belt.

I believe we will win by 10.

Go UND!!!!

Why not throw out predictions, I guess...

Robert Morris lost by 19 at home with 4 takeaways...

I personally think this young UND team will improve from week 1 to week 2 and show something at home: I say UND wins by 21, so I'll go 31-10 UND.

• Upvote 1