SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Alright. I think we could all use a little positivity. Someone want to break down what next years team will look like? Who do we have coming in. Who are our the studs coming back. Never too soon to get excited for next season!!

2014-15 North Dakota Hockey: The Future Is Bright

Today's article focuses on the current roster, with incoming recruits highlighted tomorrow.

Discuss. :)

Dave

• Upvote 1

Juniors- 7 Caggiula, Chyzk, Grimaldi, Sanderson, St.Clair, J.Schmaltz, and Gothberg.

Sanderson has played five games over two seasons. Historically, guys with those numbers (except for goalies) don't have junior seasons.

That would open up a slot for one more forward. <Speculate here>

I already know how next season will end. The same way is has for the last 10 years. This program is the ultimate tease.

Then why do you spend your breath wasting your time on forums and watching their games? Just stop watching and commenting. Simple plan.

Great season. Last night was a tough pill to swallow but this is life. We overachieved and I am proud to be a UND alum today...regional in fargo next year so let's hope we make the best of it!

Anyone know what bars are near Scheels Arena? Any in walking distance even?

I think Poolman will work himself into the lineup.

Agree I would guess he will see himself in a rotation with one of the other defensemen for most of the season similar to Ausmus and Thompson this year. I also would not be surprised at all to see Olson, Schmaltz, and Simonson in the lineup up front right from the beginning of the season.

It has probably been five or six years since i have been to that arena but my assumption is that there has been more development since I was last there. A fargo resident should probably tackle this one.

If we make it I might have to fly up to this one.

Not sure off the top of my head but nothing within walking distance that I can remember. It is still kind of by itself though the development is making its way towards it. Pretty sure there are quite a few bars that run shuttles for events there though, which is a good thing because parking can be a disaster.

Not sure off the top of my head but nothing within walking distance that I can remember. It is still kind of by itself though the development is making its way towards it. Pretty sure there are quite a few bars that run shuttles for events there though, which is a good thing because parking can be a disaster.

Been to a couple game there. There are shuttles that run from a couple places. Not as many as in GF. Of course that would most likely change if we are there. Lookinf forward to the possibility of playing a regional game there. Talk about intimate atmoshpere!! That place would be rediculous when we scored. Bring back some Old Ralph type atmoshperes!! When are tickets on sale!!!

As usual, the 4th line will be made up of whomever wants it the most. I have to believe that we'll see something like the following (based on playmaker, shooter, speedster or banger)-

1. Mark Mac with Parks and Schmaltz

2. Rocco with Jewels and Johnson

3. Gaarder with Pattyn and OD

really hard to sit St. Clair, so it will likely be him with Olson, Simonson, Murphy, and/or Chyzyk

D is already set, although Poolman could challenge

That's Zane's net.

There's always next year! Go Sioux!

I hope we do not get surprise bolts

There's loaded.

Then there's loaded and angry.

I don't like to mess with the latter.

I think next year's team might even be more angry after this finish.

These two thoughts go hand in hand. I would think that Schmaltz and Grimaldi (the only two legitimate flight risks, in my opinion) would be more likely to come back given the way the season ended.

Dave