SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TOURNEY - SIOUX vs. BADGERS - Cincinnati

AZSIOUX

I will be in Vegas during the regionals. If you were in Vegas for the regionals where would you want to watch the games??

Since it is on ESPNU and there shouldn't be a lot of other sporting events going on Friday night, I would just go up to one of the managers at a sports book and ask if they can put the game on a TV or two for you. I've had good luck doing it in the past. Might want to do it a little ahead of time just to make sure you can find somewhere that will do it, but most places are happy to help as long as there isn't something that has heavy betting going on.

Also Torrey Pines Pub (6374 West Lake Mead, Las Vegas, NV 89108) is listed as the "official" watch party place during the season, though it appears to be about a 10-20 minute drive from the strip. Oddly enough, they also host Montana football game watch parties.

I will be in Vegas during the regionals. If you were in Vegas for the regionals where would you want to watch the games??

i watched games at the revamped sport book at Luxor a year ago. it's smaller so you're closer to the tv screens with nice chairs. Ceasars is classic too.

Lots of great memories against the Badgers. One of my favorite all time UND-Bucky games happened at the Final Five a few years back. Wisconsin had dominated UND that year at the Ralph, and they went on to win the national championship when it was all said and done. Bucky went ahead quickly 2-0 in the first period and everyone was talking about who UND was going to play in the third place game. UND got two late first period goals and got two in the second and completely in the head of one Robert Earl, who was flagged for unsportsmanlike diving that game.

UND won 4-3, won the final five the next night. But tremendous win for UND that day.

I believe that was 2006, the same year St. Cloud and Minnesota had their epic semifinal game; 8-7 St. Cloud in OT. Then we beat a tired St. Cloud team for the title on Saturday night.

UND has never lost to the Badgers in the NCAA tournament. The streak will not end this weekend.

To the Badgers, I say "you shall not pass."

The first meeting in 1982 - for a trophy - was glorious ... Phil Sykes was Mr Clutch yet again.

The second meeting in 2008 was almost as good. Made more surprising at the time because the first 100 minutes of that weekend (vs Princeton and then Wisconsin) we looked listless. But an epic comeback and the OT made that another unforgettable matchup.

Whatever happens, I predict this one will be epic.

• Upvote 1

UND has never lost to the Badgers in the NCAA tournament. The streak will not end this weekend.

To the Badgers, I say "you shall not pass."

The first meeting in 1982 - for a trophy - was glorious ... Phil Sykes was Mr Clutch yet again.

The second meeting in 2008 was almost as good. Made more surprising at the time because the first 100 minutes of that weekend (vs Princeton and then Wisconsin) we looked listless. But an epic comeback and the OT made that another unforgettable matchup.

Whatever happens, I predict this one will be epic.

Love the optimism, I hope you're right.

Bus died, waited for a bunch of cabs.

Per Jayson's twitter, they got lost twice on the way from the airport to the hotel. Then, the bus got stuck on the pavement (some sort of ledge...maybe someone can put up the picture from twitter), and they had to get a bunch of cabs for the remainder. #4thseedproblems

Per Jayson's twitter, they got lost twice on the way from the airport to the hotel. Then, the bus got stuck on the pavement (some sort of ledge...maybe someone can put up the picture from twitter), and they had to get a bunch of cabs for the remainder. #4thseedproblems

If those are the biggest problems they have this weekend, I think everyone, including the players and coaches, will be VERY happy!!! Go Sioux, can't wait for the game!