SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

It's part of the perpetual inferiority complex - even when things are going great they just can't stop themselves from having to look over their shoulder. You NEVER hear a UND crowd shout Bison Suck at an event that does not involve FU. (And don't come on here and share that you've heard it - well it doesn't happen weekly. like at FU.) I have met FU alumni more than once and when they found out I was a UND grad they very unprofessionally said "Sioux Suck" now tell me how professional or friendly that is to say to someone you barely know - it's ingrained in their phyche. 

It's part of the perpetual inferiority complex - even when things are going great they just can't stop themselves from having to look over their shoulder. You NEVER hear a UND crowd shout Bison Suck at an event that does not involve FU. (And don't come on here and share that you've heard it - well it doesn't happen weekly. like at FU.) I have met FU alumni more than once and when they found out I was a UND grad they very unprofessionally said "Sioux Suck" now tell me how professional or friendly that is to say to someone you barely know - it's ingrained in their phyche. 

The only fan base I know that has a perpetual inferiority complex and a whole lot of jealousy is this one.  As far name calling I Hardly think yours is exempt. Hell you guys get into more problems with the Sioux name than anyone.  As far as the idiots that come over here and brag about recruiting - well take it will a grain of salt. We'll only know in a couple of years won't we?

The only fan base I know that has a perpetual inferiority complex and a whole lot of jealousy is this one.  As far name calling I Hardly think yours is exempt. Hell you guys get into more problems with the Sioux name than anyone.  

Probably because it was OUR nickname, and ours only.  Would that be the reason why?  Simpleton.

• Upvote 1

The only fan base I know that has a perpetual inferiority complex and a whole lot of jealousy is this one. As far name calling I Hardly think yours is exempt. Hell you guys get into more problems with the Sioux name than anyone. As far as the idiots that come over here and brag about recruiting - well take it will a grain of salt. We'll only know in a couple of years won't we?

And the Washington redskins have more problems with their nickname than anyone. The fighting Illini more problems with theirs. Etc, etc. what's your point?

The only fan base I know that has a perpetual inferiority complex and a whole lot of jealousy is this one. As far name calling I Hardly think yours is exempt. Hell you guys get into more problems with the Sioux name than anyone. As far as the idiots that come over here and brag about recruiting - well take it will a grain of salt. We'll only know in a couple of years won't we?

Nearly every NDSU game I've been at, even the ones not including UND, I've heard the Sioux suck !@#$ chant. That's appalling and only confirms that NDSU fans inherently possess an inferiority complex.

UND events include absolutely NO chants pertaining to the Ag school, unless of course UND is actually playing NDSU.

• Upvote 4

Let me get everyone including any Bison fans who post on here to get this thread back on track. Any news at all out there on recruits? Trey Anderson updates, UAB former player updates anything at all?

Yes, let's hear some news here.   When does the dead period start?   And, does dead period mean NO contact, or the schools can't initiate a contact with a recruit but a recruit can contact us?

OK. OK.

1. The mods here have real jobs; we don't always have time to babysit the forum. 

1a. Thanks to 'bang' for acknowledging that.

2. If you aren't talking recruits in this thread, you're trolling --> see forum rules. That's all that needs to be said on that. 

2a. I trust you all will self-police yourselves individually on that from here on ... (or else, and if you read that as a warning, you got it). 

When can FBS transfers sign?

I'm not sure they sign. They enroll and then get cleared to play. I'm sure a lot of homework is done to make sure they'll be eligible but I think as soon as they are released from their present school they can enroll anywhere. I could be wrong on this though cause juco's do have a signing date.

If you look back a few pages, it was a UND fan who responded to a snipe about UND's recruiting stature with a lengthy post comparing the recruiting stature of UND to NDSU. It was a fine post because it was clearly relevant to the timely event, but of course NDSU fans are going to reply to that!

It's pretty difficult to figure out how to exclude discussion of NDSU when they're competing for recruits, but if people really want us to try to make this thread an NDSU-free zone we can see what we can do. But it would apply to everyone.

As to the concern that there aren't enough mods paying attention to this thread, I'd be thrilled to take an application from some regular posters in this thread who are interested in helping moderate the football forum. I've tried to recruit from active people in a cross-section of the forums over the years, but it's been a few years since we recruited new mods and it's certainly possible this particular discussion is underrepresented.

We should be able to discuss FU on a UND fan site without having hordes of FU fans responding, defending and deflecting every comment. I would be very willing to take on moderating. However know that my philosophy would be that this is a UND fan site, created for UND fans to discuss UND sports. Guests are welcome as guests not as trolls living in the basement. You can PM if you want my assistance.

I have only been following Sioux Sports Forum for around a year, posting less than a year. But I do have good connections and would prefer to converse with fellow supporters and not hear from the SU 1% club, which consists of the most arrogant and annoying. I am in favor of some monitoring. And with that I will await the responses from the idiots on how UND fans are more arrogant and annoying........

We should be able to discuss FU on a UND fan site without having hordes of FU fans responding, defending and deflecting every comment. I would be very willing to take on moderating. However know that my philosophy would be that this is a UND fan site, created for UND fans to discuss UND sports. Guests are welcome as guests not as trolls living in the basement. You can PM if you want my assistance. 

Thanks so much for the offer! I'll move the public portion of my reply to the admin forum to try to help keep this thread on topic, as was the concern.

What you are suggesting happens at BV, when a UND or even a NDSU fan posts something that the majority doesn't like and is quickly banned from the site. We should be able to have normal rival talk without it getting too ugly.

• Upvote 3

Was just browsing some of our commits hudl tapes. Has anyone had a chance to watch Harry Momoh? He looks absolutely dynamic on the defensive side of the ball and is flying everywhere. Would be a fun player to play next to Reyes next year at safety. Rivals has him as the #6 player in state of MN and 247 sports has him as the #11 player. Either way this kid has a shot of playing from day 1.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2546824/harry-momoh-hm3