SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Was just browsing some of our commits hudl tapes. Has anyone had a chance to watch Harry Momoh? He looks absolutely dynamic on the defensive side of the ball and is flying everywhere. Would be a fun player to play next to Reyes next year at safety. Rivals has him as the #6 player in state of MN and 247 sports has him as the #11 player. Either way this kid has a shot of playing from day 1.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2546824/harry-momoh-hm3

I thought we were looking at him as a OLB. Is that right?

Bubba's philosophy has been to take kids that may be average speed at Safety & move them to LB, where they will have above average speed even if they are a bit undersized... such as Disterhaupt, Butler, etc.  I know Bubba has said he wants faster guys that can attack at all defensive positions, regardless of ideal size for that position.

• Upvote 1

Looks like a good kid. Lead the lakes conf. in sacks. I wouldn't argue with him being put either place cause he looks like he's got the speed. Like most high school kids he's got some over pursuit issues. Which I see as a good thing, means he's aggressive.

Not sure, but I know Freund has a receiver he's looking at there and Maurice has a safety (all based on Twitter followings - Smith doesn't have any coaches following).

Gotcha, thanks. Always interesting to see what coaches have relationships and where they are.

Anyone have a bead on RB Juco/FBS transfers?

I like the Canadian Freshmen RB but at this point I think we could use another more seasoned recruit to go with Simmons.

Only one I know of is Jawon Arrington of UAB. He didn't play all that much as a junior. I'd like to see another OL transfer as well. To add to our list two ILB and a couple DB's and of course a very good QB.

Only one I know of is Jawon Arrington of UAB. He didn't play all that much as a junior. I'd like to see another OL transfer as well. To add to our list two ILB and a couple DB's and of course a very good QB.

JUCO running back D.J. Peluso hasn't announced his destination as of yet to the best of my knowledge. I believe he holds offers from UND and Savannah St.

We will much better shape during spring ball with the transfers and JUCO's coming in this year.  I think this class is shaping up quite well.  Another safety for sure.  OL is looking much better with the transfers and the red shirts freshman learning the system. 

Yes, I forgot about Peluso. Which from what I understand is the one the staff wants. I'm hoping for a miracle of course the QB and ILB's I'd like to see as high school recruits. We need so much immediate help at OL for depth atleast.

If they can pull out a win September 19th it would maybe not eliminate but would atleast blur all the frustrations since 2008. Basically a win against them is a real shot in the arm for the future and we need a OL to do that.

Was just browsing some of our commits hudl tapes. Has anyone had a chance to watch Harry Momoh? He looks absolutely dynamic on the defensive side of the ball and is flying everywhere. Would be a fun player to play next to Reyes next year at safety. Rivals has him as the #6 player in state of MN and 247 sports has him as the #11 player. Either way this kid has a shot of playing from day 1.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2546824/harry-momoh-hm3

I saw Momoh play twice this year, when his Hopkins team matched up against Carl Engwall (commit) and Tristyn Hanson (offeree) and Lakeville North.

The kid can play. He's strong, fast, and very quick off the ball. They moved him all over the field on defense - but generally near the line of scrimmage. Good tackler, and takes smart routes to the ball.  His height will be a factor if he stays at LB, but I wouldn't rule him out just because of that.

I didn't really see him in pass coverage, so I can't comment on his ability there. North just didn't throw that much when they played Hopkins.

Frankly, I think he'd be a terror on special teams in addition to his play on D. He's one of those guys that makes an impact almost every time he steps on the field.

I don't think you should be playing true freshmen until they get a chance to physically mature. Sometimes they pick up bad habits trying to compensate. As far as Juco transfers go I don't count on them til they are on campus and even then it's 50/50 eligibility or talent wise but I guess that goes for any recruit.