SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Selfish of me but I wish Dalton Feeney sucked at baseball. Not sure if we'd be able to get him in football or not though. 

Oh and it appears Trent Pink committed to SCSU. Didn't we have an offer to him? Hate to lose kids to D2 schools. 

No we didn't offer Pink.

Who are some of our top QB targets this year?  Haven't heard much about that position.  With Studsrud going into Jr year & only 2 QB's on roster for 2017, obviously we need a top-end QB recruit, & some depth as well with a PWO or low-scholly QB.

I haven't heard of Liam Bell committing anywhere yet. He's been on campus a few times this year. Isaac Leppke also is not commited and there is mutual interest there as well

Edited by jjensen

Last year   Jawon Johnson  came from  NMMI also.    I can't remember.   What  was his  impact on the team last year?   

Played a lot at safety during the first half of the season, then was moved to OLB for the 2nd half of the season and did admirably considering everything. 

He's an asset moving forward as an athletic former safety and should make a ton of plays next year as an OLB with spring ball and fall camp to learn a new position. 

Overall, Jawon has been a big positive in my opinion.  Always did what the coaches asked of him and didnt complain after the position change.  I like him.

Will be interested to see if and how his body changes after this winter training.  You'd think he will try put on some weight.

Edited by UNDvince97-01
  • Upvote 3

Played a lot at safety during the first half of the season, then was moved to OLB for the 2nd half of the season and did admirably considering everything. 

He's an asset moving as an athletic former safety and should make a ton of plays next year as an OLB with spring ball and fall camp to learn a new position. 

Overall, Jawon has been a big positive in my opinion.  Always did what the coaches asked of him and didnt complain after the position change.  I like him.

I liked the move.  Getting a guy like him who understands coverage, is pretty agile and very physical will only improve how we can defend some of the spread teams in the Big Sky.  

He's an asset moving forward as an athletic former safety and should make a ton of plays next year as an OLB with spring ball and fall camp to learn a new position. 

Will be interested to see if and how his body changes after this winter training.  You'd think he will try put on some weight.

Im banking on him getting bigger like Dayo did. Hopefully he can turn the corner as quickly as Dayo, he was tough to block, even for Heag.

We also got a good one in Oliveira and hopefully a good one in Bennett. 

Oliveria and Bennett came out of the WHSFL in Winnipeg.  There are 3 recruits that are in the Top 100 of the recruiting class of 2016 in Canada that are playing in Winnipeg.  One of them is this kid who looks good.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1880642/highlights/311000419/v2

I am quite sure we offered Pink last summer but I think it was withdrawn some time ago.  I couldn't confirm this and a couple of recruiting services still listed him with an offer so I didn't remove it from Wiki. 

I am 100% sure we did not offer Pink and are not going to.  Maybe they talked about it with him pending his senior season...no idea.  If Pink had anything going on with FCS schools he would not have committed to a D2 in early December.  

Agreed, he will only get better too. Next year he just needs to eliminate flexing his muscles after he lays a nice hit, and getting 15 yd penalties. I'm sure he got chewed out for that one when he did it, but we don't need guys showboating and getting personal fouls.

• Upvote 2