SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

1 minute ago, MoSiouxFan said:

For sure.  You just don't replace 44.5 yds./punt.  Terrible loss.

For knowing nothing about the circumstances, it is a fine line between discipline and shooting yourself in the foot.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:19 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Offensive lineman Michael Coe is also being recruited by UND. He is a DII graduate. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1678941/michael-coe

Michael Coe is now on the UND roster. He played at Western New Mexico while Coach Knauf was there; Knauf was the offensive line coach during his first two seasons at the Division II school before being elevated to offensive coordinator in November of 2012. Coe should help the depth and may even push for a starting spot. His HUDL tape is pretty good. 

44 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Michael Coe is now on the UND roster. He played at Western New Mexico while Coach Knauf was there; Knauf was the offensive line coach during his first two seasons at the Division II school before being elevated to offensive coordinator in November of 2012. Coe should help the depth and may even push for a starting spot. His HUDL tape is pretty good. 

That's one mean hombre. I like it.

On July 16, 2016 at 7:46 AM, CMSioux said:

Anyone want to take the time to list and rate the transfers from the Bubba years? 

Fbs transfers :

1). Tillman - Houston-  one year starter and currently playing cfl

2) Clive- Arizona- current senior.  Should be the go to guy his year at wr. Showed some big potential last year and in spring ball 

3) jordan- minnesota- Loved the way he played!  Mean streak. Quit. 

4) jahmere- miss st- played a lot of minutes last and looked real good in spring ball.  Quit

5) baker- New Mexico- current sophomore.  Played sparingly last year looking for more mins this year. 

6) Arrington- uab- didn't play, injured 

7) tucker?- Kansas- practiced for awhile then quit.

fcs transfer :

noah- sac st-  current senior and a  standout on d.  

Juco:

1) boas- had a very good 2 year career. 

2) jawon- current senior and looks like a stud this spring.  Could have a big year. 

3). Arnell- current junior. Started last year and was cheap shotted  out of his inaugural season early. 

4) cerrintino- played a lot of mins at wr

5) reed- current senior wr.  Injuries have derailed him

6)Simmons - rb that was injured 1st game.  Quit

7). Domo- practiced for awhile then quit. 

8) camy- quit

9) hannible- quit

10) Dijon- will be a junior this, hasn't played a down 

That's the ones I can think of 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Fbs transfers :

1). Tillman - Houston-  one year starter and currently playing cfl

2) Clive- Arizona- current senior.  Should be the go to guy his year at wr. Showed some big potential last year and in spring ball 

3) jordan- minnesota- Loved the way he played!  Mean streak. Quit. 

4) jahmere- miss st- played a lot of minutes last and looked real good in spring ball.  Quit

5) baker- New Mexico- current sophomore.  Played sparingly last year looking for more mins this year. 

6) Arrington- uab- didn't play, injured 

7) tucker?- Kansas- practiced for awhile then quit.

fcs transfer :

noah- sac st-  current senior and a  standout on d.  

Juco:

1) boas- had a very good 2 year career. 

2) jawon- current senior and looks like a stud this spring.  Could have a big year. 

3). Arnell- current junior. Started last year and was cheap shotted  out of his inaugural season early. 

4) cerrintino- played a lot of mins at wr

5) reed- current senior wr.  Injuries have derailed him

6)Simmons - rb that was injured 1st game.  Quit

7). Domo- practiced for awhile then quit. 

8) camy- quit

9) hannible- quit

10) Dijon- will be a junior this, hasn't played a down 

Did Hannible ever show? I thought he went elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Fbs transfers :

1). Tillman - Houston-  one year starter and currently playing cfl (+)

2) Clive- Arizona- current senior.  Should be the go to guy his year at wr. Showed some big potential last year and in spring ball (+)

3) jordan- minnesota- Loved the way he played!  Mean streak. Quit. (+ even though it was short-lived)

4) jahmere- miss st- played a lot of minutes last and looked real good in spring ball.  Quit (-)

5) baker- New Mexico- current sophomore.  Played sparingly last year looking for more mins this year. (+) 

6) Arrington- uab- didn't play, injured (-)

7) tucker?- Kansas- practiced for awhile then quit. (-)

fcs transfer :

noah- sac st-  current senior and a  standout on d.  (+)

Juco:

1) boas- had a very good 2 year career. (+)

2) jawon- current senior and looks like a stud this spring.  Could have a big year. (+)

3). Arnell- current junior. Started last year and was cheap shotted  out of his inaugural season early. (+)

4) cerrintino- played a lot of mins at wr (+)

5) reed- current senior wr.  Injuries have derailed him (neutral)

6)Simmons - rb that was injured 1st game.  Quit (-)

7). Domo- practiced for awhile then quit. (-)

8) camy- quit (-)

9) hannible- quit (-)

10) Dijon- will be a junior this, hasn't played a down (neutral) 

So I rate it as 8 positive, 7 negative and 2 neutral. 

On 7/17/2016 at 6:42 PM, Longtime fan said:

Fbs transfers :

1). Tillman - Houston-  one year starter and currently playing cfl   (+) good player

2) Clive- Arizona- current senior.  Should be the go to guy his year at wr. Showed some big potential last year and in spring ball (+) Good player, teammate though??

3) jordan- minnesota- Loved the way he played!  Mean streak. Quit. (-) Yelled like Tarzan, played like Jane

4) jahmere- miss st- played a lot of minutes last and looked real good in spring ball.  Quit  (-)

5) baker- New Mexico- current sophomore.  Played sparingly last year looking for more mins this year. (=) Jury still out

6) Arrington- uab- didn't play, injured (-) Bust City

7) tucker?- Kansas- practiced for awhile then quit. (-) Joke

fcs transfer :

noah- sac st-  current senior and a  standout on d.  (+) good player and teammate

Juco:

1) boas- had a very good 2 year career. (+) provided stabililty

2) jawon- current senior and looks like a stud this spring.  Could have a big year. (+) good player in the right position now

3). Arnell- current junior. Started last year and was cheap shotted  out of his inaugural season early. (+) needs to battle back from injury, not his fault

4) cerrintino- played a lot of mins at wr (=) nothing great, could have developed a younger player

5) reed- current senior wr.  Injuries have derailed him (=) no production

6)Simmons - rb that was injured 1st game.  (-) Shoulder injury, little production

7). Domo- practiced for awhile then quit. (-)

8) camy- quit (-)

9) hannible- quit (-)

10) Dijon- will be a junior this, hasn't played a down  (=)

11) Flowers - (-) no production

From your list I added Flowers - I have 6 positive, 4 where jury is still out or not enough production to matter, and 9 that are/were not good.  Plus, we had Walker flip'n and flop'n, among others.

Another good recruiting class or 2 and we can be very selective going forward with JUCO and FBS kids 

Great to have the good ones, but at a cost.  We are batting just over 300.  6 for 19 in my book.

38 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

From your list I added Flowers - I have 6 positive, 4 where jury is still out or not enough production to matter, and 9 that are/were not good.  Plus, we had Walker flip'n and flop'n, among others.

Another good recruiting class or 2 and we can be very selective going forward with JUCO and FBS kids 

Great to have the good ones, but at a cost.  We are batting just over 300.  6 for 19 in my book.

I guess I'd rate several of them less harshly than you.  If we get 1 year out of them (Hinojosa, JIS), then they kind of served their purpose as a stop-gap for the HS recruits to get ready to play, which is worth at least a neutral in my book.  As for giving injured players (Arrington, Simmons) a negative, I struggle with that too.  They didn't get injured because they're a transfer, it's mostly just bad luck, so it shouldn't reflect poorly on transfers overall.

• Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:21 AM, Dagger said:

It still baffles me why bison fans on our site all the time  .  What is the obsession all about?    Do they really care who we recruit and why they are coming here?  They always act like they could care less about UND.  I guess they really do  care.

Even when Jan has success, she still wants Marcia's approval and acknowledgement.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I guess I'd rate several of them less harshly than you.  If we get 1 year out of them (Hinojosa, JIS), then they kind of served their purpose as a stop-gap for the HS recruits to get ready to play, which is worth at least a neutral in my book.  As for giving injured players (Arrington, Simmons) a negative, I struggle with that too.  They didn't get injured because they're a transfer, it's mostly just bad luck, so it shouldn't reflect poorly on transfers overall.

Arrington was't good, at all.  It took 2 carries to see that.  I haven't seen moves like Simmons since "Dancing with the Stars".  The problem was he never cut it up to get any yards.

Hinojosa tried coming back......but we'd had enough at that point.  So I was throwing character and production into the mix, too.  You make some valid points, some gray areas exist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Bubba recruits student athletes with character.  Article on Hunter Pinker. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/agweektv/4221079-pinke-how-ffa-prepares-kids-real-life

Great article.  Thanks for sharing it.  You're right about Bubba recruiting athletes with character, and I think that forms the bedrock of the football program.