SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

If you're a RB recruit and you see Santiago, Olivera and Smith do what they can do, I assume you think "I'm going to another school" or "I can try to play WR too."

Works the other way too, as what kid wouldn't like to have an OL in front of him?   RB needs depth in case of injuries.  That said,  we need more WRs.

If you're a RB recruit and you see Santiago, Olivera and Smith do what they can do, I assume you think "I'm going to another school" or "I can try to play WR too."

hopefully we will be able to start redshirting all freshmen again so they would be 2 years behind those guys.

Edited by Siouxperman8
  • Upvote 2

I talked to his dad a few games ago. He said he's a hell of an athlete just like his brothers and that he's about 6'4" and still growing. He'd love to play for UND.

That's great news. He looked like he was about 3x the size of his brother. I greeted him and told him that this was a hell of a game for him to come to.

Smith has been working at WR, he played RB out of nessecity.  He isn't RB material in my book.  An incoming RB could red shirt and then as a freshman earn some carries and gain experience while Santiago crushes it.  In theory a RB could look to start their junior and senior year from the next recruiting class.  All said, a lot can happen with injuries......

Smith has been working at WR, he played RB out of nessecity.  He isn't RB material in my book.  An incoming RB could red shirt and then as a freshman earn some carries and gain experience while Santiago crushes it.  In theory a RB could look to start their junior and senior year from the next recruiting class.  All said, a lot can happen with injuries......

Smith just can't protect himself. I cringe every time he goes into contact. He never tried to make the guy miss. Maybe he can make an impact with his speed at WR. If not, he was a great DB in HS.

I talked to his dad a few games ago. He said he's a hell of an athlete just like his brothers and that he's about 6'4" and still growing. He'd love to play for UND.

2017 kid. Guessing he will be a top priority next year. Also a very good basketball player. Will probably have a choice of playing either in college. Would love to see him at LB or TE in green and white though.

2017 kid. Guessing he will be a top priority next year. Also a very good basketball player. Will probably have a choice of playing either in college. Would love to see him at LB or TE in green and white though.

I was just writing a similar post.  Many think Carr's best sport is BB.  He is 6'4"-6'5", 215 - would likely play SF in college.  It would be great to see him at LB at UND.  He played QB and LB this season.  

That's great news. He looked like he was about 3x the size of his brother. I greeted him and told him that this was a hell of a game for him to come to.

Isn't it true that when talking to a prospective recruit you can't say anything to them about UND such as "Love to see you in a UND uniform" or even "UND is a great school". Doubtful you would ever get caught but that's what they call tampering. 

Is Dakota Miller our prized recruiting target at QB?  He's a bit smallish in stature but rated 3 star presumably for a reason. His Hudl show he can run and throw, and might be a good fit in Bubba's scheme.  He could red shirt and play backup in 2017 and be ready to go for '18. 

EDIT: I see he has an offer from NAU, too.  Miller might not want to back up Cooksus for as long as he'll be around in Flagstaff. 

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 1

Is Dakota Miller our prized recruiting target at QB?  He's a bit smallish in stature but rated 3 star presumably for a reason. His Hudl show he can run and throw, and might be a good fit in Bubba's scheme.  He could red shirt and play backup in 2017 and be ready to go for '18. 

He is committed to Nevada. Was he for sure our offer because I have seen some places had NDSU offering him but not us.