SiouxSports.com Forum

Green Jerseys

sioux24/7

I heard the athletic dept last year ran $750,000 in the red. I think we can do without new helmets and jerseys.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that number considering how inexact athletic department budget reporting is across the board. Also would be surprised if that wasn't mainly due to a one time $1 million expense for the new turf.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Muss say a while back that green jerseys were in the plan for this year? Maybe the increase on coaches salary ate those funds up?

I remember hearing that as well... So I went back & looked & Muss said during last year's Signing Day chat there would be new white jerseys for '13 & hopefully new green jerseys for '14. This is his quote from the last year...

Chris Mussman:

Away uniforms will be the priority in our budget this season. I hope to have green ones the next season.

Ok. I posed the question and a day later we have 10 posters who are in. I figured I should check with someone at UND so I called Mike Mannasau and he said he had been thinking of something similar. He said helmet, jersey, pants was something he had been thinking about. He was going to ask for $500 per uniform then donor would also get replica jersey. We would need to involve them so everyone can deduct it as a donation. Something called GMS foundation will cover the extra $150 for everyone who has already committed so for $350 you will get the benefit of the $500 donation with the matching $150. The GMS foundation will also cover $150 of the $500 for the next 10 people to commit $350 toward this project. After that I think they believe it would take about $500 per player for helmet and uniform. Boise State and Oregon have Nike and we have Siouxsports.com.

Ok. I posed the question and a day later we have 10 posters who are in. I figured I should check with someone at UND so I called Mike Mannasau and he said he had been thinking of something similar. He said helmet, jersey, pants was something he had been thinking about. He was going to ask for $500 per uniform then donor would also get replica jersey. We would need to involve them so everyone can deduct it as a donation. Something called GMS foundation will cover the extra $150 for everyone who has already committed so for $350 you will get the benefit of the $500 donation with the matching $150. The GMS foundation will also cover $150 of the $500 for the next 10 people to commit $350 toward this project. After that I think they believe it would take about $500 per player for helmet and uniform. Boise State and Oregon have Nike and we have Siouxsports.com.

Okay, so the proposal is green jerseys and pants along with new helmets, either white or black? Or simply new green jerseys?

Obviously the entire new uniform combo would be preferable.

Would give us:

Pants: Green, White, and Black

Jersey: Green, White, and Black

Helmet: Green, and Black or White

Certainly would be appealing to recruits and fans!

Didn't we have a silver helmet back in the day?

Yes. We had silver helmet with silver pants. I can't say what the colors would be. I would guess that would be up to coaches/players. I would choose silver or metallic grey but don't know.

I believe we now have 12 on board. Need at least 88 more. Remember first 20 get matching $150 for $350 pledge. They should go to Mike Manasau of Champions Club UND alumni office. He is in Denver but I will find his email.