SiouxSports.com Forum

Green Jerseys

sioux24/7

Outstanding! That is 14 and only 86 to go. Liked your post. These kids aren't going to wait 3 yrs to be competitive. They will work their butts off and get a lot better by this fall.

Just passing on some inside perspective that I get from some a few of these kids. Can't wait to see the whole thing come together this next season.

Outstanding! That is 14 and only 86 to go. Liked your post. These kids aren't going to wait 3 yrs to be competitive. They will work their butts off and get a lot better by this fall.

The pledges have slowed dramatically - hopefully, they will get going again!

Yeah we need to pick it up. I was hoping we could get at least 20 people to commit $350 and GMS foundation adds another $150 for each of the first 20 pledges. Once we get to 20 I will send it to fb alumni for $500 per uniform. I still think we can raise the $50,000 I was told they needed this spring and get them here by this fall.

Yeah we need to pick it up. I was hoping we could get at least 20 people to commit $350 and GMS foundation adds another $150 for each of the first 20 pledges. Once we get to 20 I will send it to fb alumni for $500 per uniform. I still think we can raise the $50,000 I was told they needed this spring and get them here by this fall.

ira - any idea why this wasn't in the works before? Pretty sure it was stated last year that new home uniforms were going to be in place for the 2014 season. Did something change that course of action?

They just did a locker sponsor program. $2000 per locker. Raised almost $150,000. They had been thinking about this. That is where I got the $500 figure. I liked the grey uniforms in pro bowl game. Put a green instead of yellow and they could be interchanged with our black, green and white uniforms. Anyway we need a not for profit so people can write off the donation. If they have interns in the Alumni office Or athletic dept. I would try and get each dorm, each sorority, each fraternity to sponsor a uniform, then the player who wears that number have dinner at that dorm or sorority or fraternity weekly before all home games to meet other students and answer questions about team or games. Send a coach once a season and have the players sponsored bring a teammate or two. I will give you odds that will increase interest in this team as they get to meet and know our players.

If we can get this officially set up I will send my check ASAP - whatever numer I am. If EWU and U of Mont. can have an alternate jersey and helmet so can we. We need to think big in all aspects of the climb to the top. Does it win games...no, but if it creates further positive energy than I'm all for it. I like the idea of Black or Grey helmets to go along with the green jerseys...

There are plenty of us FB alum out there willing - let's get this done!!

I'm considering it... Would like to see some more official info before I can fully commit to it. Is there a link or anything other available info?

What is being proposed? New jersey, pants & helmet? In what colors??

Hopefully Mannausau can send out info to all Champions Club members, football season ticket holders, football alumni, etc to get more interest.

Why can't there be some sort of crowd-funding thing put together where you only pay the amount committed if a certain goal is reached? i.e. something similar to Kickstarter etc. Doesn't have to be on one of those sites, maybe something internal through the Champions Club. That way everybody that commits $'s to go towards Uni's makes sure that the money actually goes towards new Uni's... I feel like more people would be willing to commit dollars... Just a random thought. Maybe I am totally wrong.

Nobody liked the crowd-sourcing idea?

I know that I would personally put in on it. You could have different levels where in return you could get different things in return. Authentic jerseys, signed photos from the team etc. Maybe if you put in enough you could have season tix too. Just another ave to get interest and funding.