SiouxSports.com Forum

Green Jerseys

sioux24/7

Boring!

Black helmets, pants and jersey

Green helmets, pants and jersey

White helmets, pants and jersey

Then you could have different combinations, like black helmet with white jersey/pants or green helmet with all black......ect

I guess you can dream, but just so you know, there won't be different helmets coming. Simply adding green jerseys on the other hand is probable and practical. UND football deserves to be represented in the same light as it's trandition - green jerseys and white pants. The all black look would be a great alternate combo. Also would like to see the black pants on the road some.

Yes it would be appealing, but it's not financially practical to have a bunch of different helmet colors. Sorry.

Yes it would be appealing, but it's not financially practical to have a bunch of different helmet colors. Sorry.

If our football program doesn't have the money to add 1 different helmet and 1 jersey/pants option from the current sets, they may as well close the program. Consistantly, the only 3 sports that make money are football, hockey and mens basketball. I have seen high school football programs do this, so if a D-I college football program can't afford it, we are in serious trouble.

If our football program doesn't have the money to add 1 different helmet and 1 jersey/pants option from the current sets, they may as well close the program. Consistantly, the only 3 sports that make money are football, hockey and mens basketball. I have seen high school football programs do this, so if a D-I college football program can't afford it, we are in serious trouble.

Don't get me wrong, there are ways to work around some of the hurdles. One of our fellow competitors in the Big Sky actually does this.

http://umnews.jour.umt.edu/?p=1433

I just don't feel we need to do all this though. If we did, I would be fine with it I guess because it would attract recruits. If we don't, then I'm okay with it also as long as green jerseys come back as our primary home look.

I think jerseys and helmets are quite expensive. Say helmets are 250 a pop and you need around 100 of them.....that's 25 grand...and that money isn't going to make you any more money. Dead end investment.

I thought it would be cool for ndsu to do too til I thought about the other stuff the athletics department can do with it.

Wow. The lad says something that I agree with.

Green jersey with black pants. It's a mean look and it worked well for those smashmouth teams. The change to white pants at home coincided with softer UND teams. We need to get back to pounding the piss out of teams.

You not remember the 2001 team and what they wore? Pretty sure they pounded the piss out of teams...