SiouxSports.com Forum

Green Jerseys

sioux24/7

Those green jerseys have plenty of bad losses too. I believe you need to do things that get the fans, players and coaches excited. Having a few new uniform and helmet combinations and doing more to grow the student section would be a good start. We need to move forward and quit looking into the past. Throwback? No thanks, I would rather focus on the present and future.

Well the most awful combo I saw all year was black top with white pants. That was trash. If you disagree with me I challenge you to a pushup contest and a shouting match to figure out whose dad can beat up whose.

Seriously though, I'd love the combos like UMtc has. I think they look sharp.

Well the most awful combo I saw all year was black top with white pants. That was trash. If you disagree with me I challenge you to a pushup contest and a shouting match to figure out whose dad can beat up whose.

Seriously though, I'd love the combos like UMtc has. I think they look sharp.

I agree with just about every word you said except my dad can beat yours up! Anyways the black on white I thought looked like practice jerseys. The Gophers combo is nice. It has a combination of old school and new school I think. I guess I am slowly changing my mind and whatever will bring more recruits works for me.

I've never liked the black uni's mainly because they aren't our school colors. I get the part about black supposedly being intimidating but it just goes against our tradition.

Black is sooooo '90's...what UND really needs is anthracite jerseys and helmets...

I think jerseys and helmets are quite expensive. Say helmets are 250 a pop and you need around 100 of them.....that's 25 grand...and that money isn't going to make you any more money. Dead end investment.

I thought it would be cool for ndsu to do too til I thought about the other stuff the athletics department can do with it.

Black is 90's? Apparently Oregon, Texas A&M, Maryland, Arkansas, Nebraska, Northwestern, South Carolina, Baylor, North Carolina, Oklahoma St. and countless other teams don't think so.

new-unc-football-uniforms-1.jpg

Yep! Nothing says North Carolina like adding black to the color scheme.

I think jerseys and helmets are quite expensive. Say helmets are 250 a pop and you need around 100 of them.....that's 25 grand...and that money isn't going to make you any more money. Dead end investment.

I thought it would be cool for ndsu to do too til I thought about the other stuff the athletics department can do with it.

The new helmets are over 300 a pop and that's with a bulk discount.

new-unc-football-uniforms-1.jpg

Yep! Nothing says North Carolina like adding black to the color scheme.

You obviously didn't look at all of their uniform combos. n-NORTH-CAROLINA-large570.jpg?6

Why do people think UND needs to brand? Changing up uniforms shows recruits, fans and players that the program is progressive. Does UND have more tradition than Ohio St, Michigan or Notre Dame? No. Kids want to be apart of something fun and new, not some dusty old program 2 decades behind. Throwback jerseys would be cool on occasion, but do you think Minnesota brings a recruit in and shows him a jersey with his name on it or 3 jerseys. You guys can stay stuck in the glory days, I prefer to see UND look forward.

You obviously didn't look at all of their uniform combos. n-NORTH-CAROLINA-large570.jpg?6

Yea, I did. The reason I posted the baby blue uniforms is because there was great discussion about the dark color, which is actually black, not navy blue. That's NOT a North Carolina color, just like anthracite isn't an Arkansas color and volt isn't an Oregon color. Hell, I'm not even on board with Montana and their 'spirit colors.' Just stick with the university color scheme already! What's next, Bison football coming out with a black jersey? That's original.

I am glad that you are in the minority on this, otherwise we would be wearing lame gray pants and helmets again.

What makes you think I'm in the minority? I doubt fans and alumni want to hear Bubba talk about how having multiple helmet colors and 76 different uniform combinations will result in more wins next season.