SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Playoffs

Matt

Might never see a FCS team this dominant again in our lifetimes, what a class these seniors have been.

That was probably the best FCS team ever.

Up to the 2018 UND team, of course. :lol:

Now, Bohl....steal all the FBS level recruits you can for the Pokes!

Congrats to the Bison, they had total domination, that's for sure. I don't know if I'm pissed or jelous, but we certainly took a wrong turn somewhere. Even with all the position loses for next year, I've got a feeling they are going be good team again and I expect us to be at the level in a few years.

It does look like crap. They can't play at a college stadium? There are plenty of those in the south.

Hell, the Dallas area has several high school stadiums that could easily host the games. UNT isn't that far away and has two stadiums and either would have a better playing surface.

I get that Frisco has a lot of new hotels, restaurants, etc. But can the the biggest game if the FCS football year be in a football stadium with an acceptable playing surface as opposed to a soccer stadium with awful turf where 2 foot clumps are coming up and sand is kicking up every time a person runs on it?!!!

The contract for Toyota field has it hosting the title game the next 2 seasons. Hopefully it can move locations. (And no, not Fargo all you Delusional bison fan dreamers)!! : )

the reason the field was so crappy was that they had laid the sod just over a month ago and it was in the process of rooting and a few weeks ago the dallas area had a terrible ice storm and the field was covered in about an inch of ice that they couldn't get off till about a week ago as they had a whole week of sub freezing temps and the sod was destroyed so they laid new sod down but it never had time to root. so it was just one of those things.

Last 2 years we were on the field it was in absolute mint condition and a great stadium for a football game, not a bad seat in the house. Just a freak deal.

Best wishes to you UND cats moving forward with Bubba. I may not be a fan of UND sports but I always support the local ties and kids. A lot of great ND/MN kids on this NDSU team, it's been a fun ride and I'm looking forward to the challenges they'll face moving forward.

• Upvote 1

How come there is not some kind of playoff & champioship game to see who is really the best

All these stupid bowl games what does this do make the ncaa richer

Because the NCAA doesn't want to crown a non BCS FBS team NC. How many times was Boise St denied a chance for a title. I just don't get the non-major bowl games I heard the schools lose money playing in those games.

Preposterous statement of the century...(When referring to NDSU fans) "These are the smartest most knowledgeable fans in all of college football." - 2014 FCS Title game...Random ESPN announcer!!

Without knowing the context of that statement here is what I "think"they may have been referring to: Noisy as hell on defense, can hear a pin drop on offense. I attended the cotton bowl the night before and both the Mizzou and OSU fans would get chants going while their teams were on offense....

managed to troll the Towson fans a couple times (I was in their section on the 50 yard line) and realized whenever my group started a "let's go bison" chant they'd try and one up us by chanting "let's go Towson!" So every time we were on defense I'd start that chant and they'd yell louder than me thereby making it harder for their offense to communicate. I was also successful (once early in the game) to silence their fans when we were on offense by doing the shhh... quiet down arm movement.

So in that context I think our fan base as a whole is smart enough to know to yell loud and knowledgeable enough to know when to do it.

Sorta funny....the contradictions. You don't think the same thing happened at the cotton bowl.

When you have fans from both teams, the fans are going to cheer whoever is on o or d. And if any fan heard "let's go ....." the other teams fans basically will always try to chant the or their team trying to drown them out.

Hard to hear that pin drop at the cotton bowl when the fans were more divided.

True but I was sitting in the Mizzou section and they'd START chants when they were on offense. Every 15 seconds someone would yell "M-I-Z" followed by a loud "Z-O-U". Likewise OSU did their chant regularly when they were on offense.

FWIW the crowd in Frisco was louder than the crowd at at&t stadium.

A question was posted on AGS on who is going to be the top contenders in 2014, of course out comes 4-peat, and next years Bison team will be between the 2011 and 2012 team...they lost how many starters and coaches? Are they that clueless down there, and they play Montana and Iowa St not exactly easy OOC for a rookie DI head coach.

A question was posted on AGS on who is going to be the top contenders in 2014, of course out comes 4-peat, and next years Bison team will be between the 2011 and 2012 team...they lost how many starters and coaches? Are they that clueless down there, and they play Montana and Iowa St not exactly easy OOC for a rookie DI head coach.

Iowa State is garbage with another new offense and Montana is at home. Won't be that daunting for them.

Iowa State is garbage with another new offense and Montana is at home. Won't be that daunting for them.

With the way they are pumping up their 2014 team you would think everyone is back and Bohl made a clone of himself. Can't wait to see them come back down to reality once their team gets it's first loss.

With the way they are pumping up their 2014 team you would think everyone is back and Bohl made a clone of himself. Can't wait to see them come back down to reality once their team gets it's first loss.

I'm afraid I don't think they'll be down as much as we'd like. It's probably a much healthier obsession to wish our team overperforms than they underperform, imo.

• Upvote 1

You might want to dial it back a bit on the "Demise of the Bison." They still have a lot of good players, good coaches, and a good system. The Bison should be contenders again next year. Do I think they will win it, probably not. But as of now, they would be in the top 8 or better. The Bison are going to come back to the pack a bit but it's not going to happen instantaneously.

I think everyone is expecting some losses next year. Good grief! That being said, the Bison ought to be tough. Then again......you never know....that's why you play the games.

I think everyone is expecting some losses next year. Good grief! That being said, the Bison ought to be tough. Then again......you never know....that's why you play the games.

Your program moved on just fine in the Morton-Solomonson-Hager transitions and it will likely transition smoothly again.