SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Playoffs

Matt

Give me your odds of winning any FB game if you pound the ball for 425 on the ground?

SU only rushes for 350+ last night........

I would have to say that their D is top 40 in the entire nation. The front 7 is filthy and that's without Grant Olson.

Atmosphere at FargoDome reminded me of UC Davis playoff game in 2001 only louder due to the additional 6000k fans.

Haven't witnesses a more lopsided game this year. Oh wait I was at both the MT schools games at the Alerus.

Regardless of the HC hire this program has a long ways to go.

SU only rushes for 350+ last night........

I would have to say that their D is top 40 in the entire nation. The front 7 is filthy and that's without Grant Olson.

Atmosphere at FargoDome reminded me of UC Davis playoff game in 2001 only louder due to the additional 6000k fans.

Haven't witnesses a more lopsided game this year. Oh wait I was at both the MT schools games at the Alerus.

Regardless of the HC hire this program has a long ways to go.

NDSU is just a tremendous tremendous football team. Even with some of their best players out they completely controlled that football game. I know NDSU is the best defense in the country, but they made NH look stupid.

I don't think it really matters who they play in the NC. Regardless of how good Towson's running game is, NDSU will stop it. And EWU can get it done through the air, but they haven't seen a defense like NDSU's, and that includes the fact that they've played Oregon State this season.

Towson will run all over EWU's #104 ranked defense.

Towson's O-line is very good.

NDSU/Towson in the NC game.

You're playing Pete Townsend for the national championship?

I know he's English. Is that why they play that game on a soccer field?

Stay away from the sidelines. He's bound to smash a guitar or two. I wouldn't want any fans fo the University of Agriculture and Applied Science's to get hit by shards of wood and fiberglass.

Towson will run all over EWU's #104 ranked defense.

Towson's O-line is very good.

NDSU/Towson in the NC game.

Could happen. EIU was having some success throwing the ball last week on Towson. They went away from it for awhile and it hurt them. I think Towsons RB will have a nice day.

I'll take EWU by 17. I think the beat 3 teams all year are still left but there is a drop off from FU to the two playing today.

NDSU is a frickin machine that won't be stopped anytime soon.

The graduations of Brock Jensen, Ryan Smith, Crocket, Ojuri, Billy Turner, Grant Olson, Marcus Williams, the entire starting DL, and probably some others may slow it down.

I'm not saying the cupboards are bare but that is a lot to replace in one year. Bohl knew what he was doing leaving now.

• Upvote 1

The graduations of Brock Jensen, Ryan Smith, Crocket, Ojuri, Billy Turner, Grant Olson, Marcus Williams, the entire starting DL, and probably some others may slow it down.

I'm not saying the cupboards are bare but that is a lot to replace in one year. Bohl knew what he was doing leaving now.

They'll reload to a point. You're right though, they're going to miss those players. With them, they're going to roll whoever they play in the championship game.

For some reason I had it in my head that the FU players with elegibility left could transfer to Wyoming without sitting out a year. Obviously, they can't.

Luckily for FU, I'm not in charge of NCAA regulations. :lol:

Bohl and his staff have had a recruiting plan and stuck with it from the start. They knew the type of player they wanted and where they were going to get them. Someone asked in another thread for reasons Muss didn't succeed. My biggest reason was recruiting and not having a plan. In the last few years our main recruiting area has changed from ND, MN, WI to California than to Illinois. We can get talented players from there to fill some roster spots but it can't be the main recruiting area.

FU will be fine next year. They might lose a couple but if they can still get homefield in playoffs, they will be tough out.

do not think it is a coincidence that Bohl is leaving now.

North Dakota State head football coach Craig Bohl says he's taken the program as far as he can

They've got talented players returning everywhere. This team will be a juggernaut next year too.

BTW - Crockett's a Junior.

Let me clear. Never did I say NDSU wouldn't be good. That is just a load of talent to lose in one year. Basically the core of the team for every single championship.

Eastern being made to look foolish right now.

Why I love the playoff system. By my eye, Towson and NDSU are clearly the two best teams.

For sure but they are pretty deep. One thing is they have QB in Wentz that will be a stud. No doubt Jensen is a winner and Wentz has some huge shoes to fill but he would of been starting on a lot of teams the last 2 years. Kid has a cannon.

For sure but they are pretty deep. One thing is they have QB in Wentz that will be a stud. No doubt Jensen is a winner and Wentz has some huge shoes to fill but he would of been starting on a lot of teams the last 2 years. Kid has a cannon.

And he was great size and excellent scrambling ability. He may end up being better than Jensen. The biggest loss is Billy Turner.

• Upvote 1