SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Playoffs

Matt

Were they gutted in a similar fashion back then?

If by gutted you mean 7 starters back on both offense and defense then maybe. NDSU will be VERY good next year. Biggest question mark is defensive tackle, and they have 2 freshmen redshirting this year that had FBS offers (in one case from Pitt) that are big and strong and they are very high on. They will be in the playoffs and I would be surprised with anything less than a quarter final appearance.

If by gutted you mean 7 starters back on both offense and defense then maybe. NDSU will be VERY good next year. Biggest question mark is defensive tackle, and they have 2 freshmen redshirting this year that had FBS offers (in one case from Pitt) that are big and strong and they are very high on. They will be in the playoffs and I would be surprised with anything less than a quarter final appearance.

I'm talking coaches back in the 80s when they had multiple successful coaching changes not players going into next season. I'm plenty familiar with what they have on their roster.

Less than a quarter final appearance, with a new coaching staff, an untested QB (handing the ball off when up by 30 doesn't count as tested) plus other new faces replacing the seniors that is saying a lot. I know there was puffing of the chest after the transition period with the FBS wins and the stellar records, look what took place the following 2 seasons (6-5 and 3-8). Will that happen? Maybe, maybe not I guess we have the next 11 months to find out and speculate.

where you get your numbers?

offense:

Vraa

Vaadeland

Johnson

Colville

Haeg

defense:

Emmanuel

Littlejohn

Beck

Heagle

Dudzilk

Smith

We do have some guys coming back as backups that had plenty of playing time. Not much difference between Crockett and Ojuri. Bonett should be fine at FB

I am like most other UND Sioux fans I don't care a lick about FU's team. I'm excited about the staff that Bubba is putting together and sending out on the road recruiting. There are plenty of kids who haven't made a decision yet for us to get. Playoffs are over time to shut down this thread - and it wouldn't hurt to shut down a couple of trolls at the same time. .

• Upvote 1

I am like most other UND Sioux fans I don't care a lick about FU's team. I'm excited about the staff that Bubba is putting

together and sending out on the road recruiting. There are plenty of kids who haven't made a decision yet for us to get. Playoffs are over time to shut down this thread

DITTO and Go Sioux

Not much difference between Crockett and Ojuri.

Huh? From the admittedly little I've seen they're more a lightning (outside, quick) and thunder (power, tackle to tackle) duo.

Then again, I'm used to drizzle and a light mist in the UND backfield lately.

Huh? From the admittedly little I've seen they're more a lightning (outside, quick) and thunder (power, tackle to tackle) duo.

Ha, here I thought he was talking about rap sheets. The underclassman has some ground to make up after getting a few things expunged.

where you get your numbers?

offense:

Vraa

Vaadeland

Johnson

Colville

Haeg

defense:

Emmanuel

Littlejohn

Beck

Heagle

Dudzilk

Smith

We do have some guys coming back as backups that had plenty of playing time. Not much difference between Crockett and Ojuri. Bonett should be fine at FB

Crockett and Bonnet are counted as starters because they played as much and probably are more talented than the starters. And Thorton at LB started about half of the season if you count the playoffs. Schatz? and Hardee also saw plenty of time on the D-line, but I am not counting them as starters. Champion and Colvin could have probably started on most FCS teams at corner this year, just not at NDSU.

I am like most other UND Sioux fans I don't care a lick about FU's team. I'm excited about the staff that Bubba is putting together and sending out on the road recruiting. There are plenty of kids who haven't made a decision yet for us to get. Playoffs are over time to shut down this thread - and it wouldn't hurt to shut down a couple of trolls at the same time. .

who were u expecting them to talk about in this thread? und?

Crockett and Bonnet are counted as starters because they played as much and probably are more talented than the starters. And Thorton at LB started about half of the season if you count the playoffs. Schatz? and Hardee also saw plenty of time on the D-line, but I am not counting them as starters. Champion and Colvin could have probably started on most FCS teams at corner this year, just not at NDSU.

thorton didn't start until we lost olson and he didn't even start in all of those as shepperd did too. its like counting ollman back as a starter when we lost heagle. non starters don't count

• 2 weeks later...

Less than a quarter final appearance, with a new coaching staff, an untested QB (handing the ball off when up by 30 doesn't count as tested) plus other new faces replacing the seniors that is saying a lot. I know there was puffing of the chest after the transition period with the FBS wins and the stellar records, look what took place the following 2 seasons (6-5 and 3-8). Will that happen? Maybe, maybe not I guess we have the next 11 months to find out and speculate.

You put too much emphasis on the past Darell. What does this team and the '08 team have in common.....nothing

I think Ojuri was more patient, Crockett more explosive. That said..I'm no football expert. Both are talented backs that plenty of teams would be happy to have.