SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Playoffs

Matt

Can't say I've ever attended a Bison football game after the rivalry was suspended but a friend of mine who is a fan and down in Frisco posted a clip on FaceBook of the national anthem being sung. Do the fans actually say "Home of the Bison" at every game? If so, how original.

I certainly don't remember Bison fans doing that when I attended the last UND-NDSU football game in the FargoDome.

What sucks about this game is it should be close but Towsons coaches got impatient and got away from what was working.

Not going for it on 4th down and the mess that came out of it was the beginning of the end for Towson, FG's aren't going to beat these guys.

In the Hakstol era? I don't know zero or one? How many times has UND been the number one overall seed?

In any era. I might suggest that winning 3 playoff games at home and 1 in a neutral setting is much easier than winning 2 in a venue located in the heart of your big rival's country and 2 more in a neutral setting.

Can't say I've ever attended a Bison football game after the rivalry was suspended but a friend of mine who is a fan and down in Frisco posted a clip on FaceBook of the national anthem being sung. Do the fans actually say "Home of the Bison" at every game? If so, how original.

I certainly don't remember Bison fans doing that when I attended the last UND-NDSU football game in the FargoDome.

they have been doing it for years dating back to at least the mid 90's if not farther back.

In any era. I might suggest that winning 3 playoff games at home and 1 in a neutral setting is much easier than winning 2 in a venue located in the heart of your big rival's country and 2 more in a neutral setting.

I do think having best of 3 games series at the higher seeds home rink would put a little more energy into the college hockey tournament. It's so boring to watch two teams play in front of 25 people.

How about at a neutral venue in front of 800 spectators?

And I might sugg

est it doesn't matter where the games are played

And I might suggest it doesn't matter where the games are played if you arent very good. I might suggest the bison have been #1 going into the playoffs had a good chance vs UND which hasn't been the number one overall going into the playoffs (Hak era nine years)?...the bison had to beat over a hundred team to earn the number one overall seeding vs UND having to beat 60 teams.

Gotta be more "parity" in college hockey.

I too agree that congratulations is in order for NDSU 3-peating. You guys set the bar extremely high for the rest of the Dakota schools. I offer you guys good luck in the future with your new coaching staff, as for Bohl, good luck with Wyoming and maybe they can become the next Boise State. Again congrats Bison!!

My nephew has some big shoes to fill with Brock Jensen done but I'm confident he is up for the challenge. Highly doubt we will ever see a more dominating team at this level ever again. Unbelievable how they rolled through everybody in the playoffs. This was their closest game. Wow.