SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

Thoughts:

~Weathered the storm well in the first period. Getting the first goal was big.

~Thought they handled Miami's number one unit pretty well.

~Zane was the number one star. Even with the softie.

~Funny how Mark-OD-Parks was just tremendous. Mark has found a home I think.

~4th line was fun to watch. Tons of energy.

Fun game to watch. Heart still thumping....Go Sioux!

Thoughts:

~Weathered the storm well in the first period. Getting the first goal was big.

~Thought they handled Miami's number one unit pretty well.

~Zane was the number one star. Even with the softie.

~Funny how Mark-OD-Parks was just tremendous. Mark has found a home I think.

~4th line was fun to watch. Tons of energy.

Fun game to watch. Heart still thumping....Go Sioux!

Spot on...and I'll add a couple things

* Stecher was great and Mattson stepped up.

* Chyzyk created some offensive chances. I like that line with Johnson and Murphy.

* St. Clair has a motor... he is non-stop.

* Rocco has to be more assertive with the puck.

*LeDue has made big stride in just 3 games.

Big win by a young team. I like their makeup and moxie.

To win a game like this without Rocco or Drake registering a point is impressive.

I will say it was nice to see almost every line create some scoring chances. Rocco and Drake were pretty quiet, but they were the line that Miami keyed on so another line had to step up....and you could say they did.

Solid effort tonight from the Sioux and really liked the way the lineup was set and played. Zane was real solid and that was huge especially early on, but it wasn't one of those situations where he had to steal the game. Sioux created some real nice chances and missed the net on a couple of them, thought Tambo was gonna put away the one in the 3rd but he just missed the net but I really like his shot and think he has that natural goal scoring ability. St.Clair looked like he had what he wanted on the breakaway attempt but the puck rolled at the last second or I think he would have finished that one, seemed like there were a number of times were the puck was really rolling and tough to handle. Really when the Sioux got in trouble was when they stopped attacking for a while and were kind of standing around and Miami took advantage for that time in the 2nd. Really liked the way the refs called the game tonight especially after the way it was called last weekend although I think the 5 minute should've probably been a 2 but we have definitely been on the bad end of some of those calls before so it was good to be the beneficiary for once although we didn't do much with it. Hope for the sweep and the same type of effort from the Sioux tomorrow night!

Playing against some of the elite talent of Miami, I wasn't sure how the younger players would react in that environment, but I thought just about everybody played with poise. Really liked the line combinations and defensive pairings. Good base to build from.

I will say it was nice to see almost every line create some scoring chances. Rocco and Drake were pretty quiet, but they were the line that Miami keyed on so another line had to step up....and you could say they did.

Johnson's line was really good in stretches. I'm not a hockey mind but my eyes see things Chyzyk brings that Mitch doesn't. OD has been a missing piece... he was good Saturday and really good tonight. When he plays like he is capable he fits very well on that line like he did tonight. Colton is just a beast on that 4th line. That line, like you have said, is possibly the best 4th line in the nation. Zane gave up an easy one but he robbed 4 at my count.

Johnson's line was really good in stretches. I'm not a hockey mind but my eyes see things Chyzyk brings that Mitch doesn't. OD has been a missing piece... he was good Saturday and really good tonight. When he plays like he is capable he fits very well on that line like he did tonight. Colton is just a beast on that 4th line. That line, like you have said, is possibly the best 4th line in the nation. Zane gave up an easy one but he robbed 4 at my count.

Bryn just brings just so much more speed than Mitch does. I mean watching last week Mitch slowed down a rush where he was a full zone ahead of his line mate. I mean he has proved he can score goals at the junior level, thats why he's playing college hockey. But he's not a top six forward. He's a 3rd-4th line type grinder that they're happy to get some offense from.

I think Bryn is in again tomorrow night. I wouldn't change anything.