SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

Having 12 13 year old girls over for a "movie night" tonight for my daughter's B-Day. :sad: Hoping for at least a tie to ease the sting of the 4 hours between 6-10 pm when all the girls are at our house. BTW...I'll be watching the game.

3-3...Rocco, Mark Mac and yes...Chyzyk!!!

Having 12 13 year old girls over for a "movie night" tonight for my daughter's B-Day. :sad: Hoping for at least a tie to ease the sting of the 4 hours between 6-10 pm when all the girls are at our house. BTW...I'll be watching the game.

3-3...Rocco, Mark Mac and yes...Chyzyk!!!

You poor soul.... I'll have a beer for you Oxbow while I watch the game :)

I've got UND with the 4-2 win.... Rocco, Parks, Gaarder and Johnson with the ENG

Has anyone heard about Rodwell, in why he wasn't in the lineup last weekend?

Caught something from Brad somewhere, live chat maybe, that he needed to play better than last year to crack line-up and obviously hasn't so far in practice.

Hak...play CHYZYK!!! Sit Mitch...please.

I'm hoping for the best but in all reality I would be thrilled with a split... I think later on in the year we would hang with a depth team like Miami every night but we have a lot of inexperience on this year's squad. That will take some time to mesh as we saw last weekend. I won't be able to watch either game so to those who can, cheer for me.

I said it before and could be completely wrong but this squad isn't ready YET to hang with the big boys. if und takes as many penalties as they did this last weekend against vermont it won't be pretty. if they can't stay out of the box miami will sweep 7-3, 4-2. if und can stay out of the box they will split.

Just curious, why is the "we're young" angle being taken here?

Miami: SR - 2, JR - 8, SO - 11, FR - 6

UND: SR - 4, JR - 7, SO - 7, FR - 8

Miami has zero SR D and 1 JR. UND has 1 SR and 2 JRs

Both teams have relied on underclassmen to carry the mail offensively.

Why can't we go in there and beat 'em?

• Upvote 1

Tough to type, but I think it's a bad hockey weekend for my favorite squads: Sioux get swept at Miami (5-3 and 3-2) and Gophs sweep Bemidji (5-2 and 4-2). Oh well, it's better than no hockey.

Wow, pessimistic aren't we. Power of positive thinking....my new motto this year.

• Upvote 1

@UNDMHockey: "One thing UND brings is intensity. I have rarely, if ever, seen it in a game where it was not the better team physically." -- Dave Starman

@UNDMHockey: "Maybe it has something to do w/ putting the sweater on, but Hakstol’s teams don’t give you an inch of ice you didn’t pay a price to earn."

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/10/17_game_of_the_week_north_dakota.php

So this game will be televised on CBS Sports? Is that a channel I can get on Midco?

Nevermind. channel 314 FTW!

I see a tough battle, especially on Miami ice. We may do well for a split, but I will cheer to the bitter end for a sweep!

GO SIOUX!!

UND will run into a buzz saw I think. Hoping for a big W tonight! How weird is it that a game against Miami is a conference game!? Excited to see the boys on national tv.

You are right. Hopefully Hakstol can get the point across that Miami will be very pumped and ready to go because of the Homecoming crowd and atmosphere and seeing North Dakota in town. That said, the Sioux should be pumped as well with the implications of it being against the #1 team and the first game in the new league on television. Hope our young guys won't be running around in that type of atmosphere. If they do, it could get ugly. Hopefully they will play with poise and pluck a win out of the Redhawks.

UND will have to get something out of Mark Mac's line to have a chance this weekend. As much as I think OD has been a big bust so far at UND, he actually played some good hockey last weekend especially Saturday. That was good to see and hopefully that carries forward this series. Parks needs to step up too. If Mitch plays tonight... :crazy: That situation is starting to rival the Ponder fiasco...oh wait...

Bottomline: Zane or Clark will have to be huge early and someone will have to pop one in to quiet the crowd to give us a chance. The freshman in the lineup can't play like freshman this series. If we parade to the box, it will be a 5-1 beatdown or worse.

Have some faith in your team people, Miami is talented but not by 4-5 goals! We also have a few guys that were drafted(15 I think?) and have a little talent as well. I'm hoping we can take advantage of their lack of leadership on the blueline as it sounds like they were a little exposed last week. Go Sioux!

• Upvote 1