SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

Spot on...and I'll add a couple things

* Stecher was great and Mattson stepped up.

* Chyzyk created some offensive chances. I like that line with Johnson and Murphy.

* St. Clair has a motor... he is non-stop.

* Rocco has to be more assertive with the puck.

*LeDue has made big stride in just 3 games.

Big win by a young team. I like their makeup and moxie.

Haha now you're coming around regarding ladue...I wasn't worried for a sec :). Miami was in full blown shut down mode when Rocco's line was out there.

Haha now you're coming around regarding ladue...I wasn't worried for a sec :). Miami was in full blown shut down mode when Rocco's line was out there.

You mean you didn't wet your pants because a FR d-man didn't play well in his first college game. BTW ...I thought he played decent Friday against Vermont,

Yes that percentage is there but ......nobody that watched that major pp could say it was anything but ugly

Pretty sure Miami got a SOG during UND's five minute power play before UND did and it came at 1:30 into the PP. I'm trying to chalk it up to a younger crew and needing more practice. I hope it gets better. The percentage might be there, but from the games I see they can barely get it to the offensive zone let alone set it up to cycle.

Pretty sure Miami got a SOG during UND's five minute power play before UND did and it came at 1:30 into the PP. I'm trying to chalk it up to a younger crew and needing more practice. I hope it gets better. The percentage might be there, but from the games I see they can barely get it to the offensive zone let alone set it up to cycle.

Sounds like you know a lot about the power play.
  • Upvote 1

If Mattson OD and Parks continue to play at a consistent level like they did last night this team will be tough to beat night in and out. The Fr. have all looked good and will continue to get better but the Jr class is the key to the season IMO.

I think some of the pp issues have to do with personnel...we have grinders on the pp unit...makes ZERO sense.

For the record, you don't cycle on a pp- the cycle is a five on five offensive zone approach for wearing down dmen over the course of a game, and generating pressure by keeping the puck 200 feet from your goalie.

On the powerplay you generally are trying to use your points to rotate the puck hopefully until your number advantage creates a good look. Often times that is on the weakside.