SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

One huge reason why Minnesota is often able to skate the puck in is because they play most of their games on Olympic ice so they have the room to do that.

That is a pure cop-out. We used to have teams that skated the puck in and we have always played on 200 x 85 ice. It's just that we have a coaching staff that refuses to do anything but dump it in. I honestly wish they would be willing to make an exception to that rule in situations where it clearly does not work. We all know what the definition of insanity is. :glare:

My observations of UND versus Miami last night, I thought UND played well and kind of resembled a skating team that was on a mission. This is part of the transition. Also, I thought UND was physical at times and put the wood to Miami. I think UND is evolving into a Boston College style skating team based on the personnel that they have in their line up.

I'm just curious if anyone knows which player (MacMillan or O'Donnell) officially got credit for the second UND goal last night. It appeared to me watching live on television (and the initial replays) that O'Donnell shot it over the net, the puck hit the boards and came back in front of the net, and MacMillan poked it in the goal. Everything I read initially gave the goal to MacMillan.

However, Schlossman's story on last night's game credits O'Donnell for scoring the second (and third) goal.